Cuiseaire

Desperado

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has ever used a Cruiseaire. I do not need AC very often, so if it works it will save me the cost of a permanent installation. Thanks!

Alibi II

Reaction score
cruiseair

We looked at the unit and talkded to people who use them and are very happy. They can usually only be used at the dock or with a generator. There is also a possible storage problem when you are underway. We went with a 6500 reverse cycle btu unit installed under the quarter berth in our 282 sail fish. The unit requires in inverter and we have two group 31 amg batteries dedicated to that unit. If you have a generator or dock side power it converts and uses that. We had the second charging harness added to our twin Yam 225's and it keeps the batteries nicely charged. The primary harness that the boat comes with takes care of the starting and house batteries and are isolated from the AC batteries. We have used the unit for 6 weeks in MX this last summer with ambiant temps in the high 90's and were comfortable at 74 degrees in the cabin. If anyone is interested in the name of the unit and specs I am happy to provide them.