Cup Holder Replacement 1995 Tournament 192?

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I have done my best with the search function here on this sire but because cup is too short a word it won't return results specific to cup holders without also listing rod holders and any other term that includes holder. So I was hoping someone would share any info on what cup holder you found to be a good fit to replace old cracked holders. Also what I think is a silicone gasket material that is adhered to the cutout in the fiberglass is also deteriorated and either needs to be replaced or removed. Are there replacements for that gasket available?

I am not entirely sure I will be keeping this boat long term so I don't want to spend a ton of money on 316 stainless holders. Plastic or 304 Stainless will be fine for now.

The I.D. for the cutout in the actual fiberglass is right at 3+7/8", the I.D. with the silicone gasket in place is approx. 3+11/16". I have looked all over the net at the available cup holders ..Amazon, Ebay etc. and based on the reviews I've read I don't trust the dimensions given for them.

Attachments

• 20230924_115612.jpg
    20230924_115612.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230924_115628.jpg
    20230924_115628.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I have done my best with the search function here on this sire but because cup is too short a word it won't return results specific to cup holders without also listing rod holders and any other term that includes holder. So I was hoping someone would share any info on what cup holder you found to be a good fit to replace old cracked holders. Also what I think is a silicone gasket material that is adhered to the cutout in the fiberglass is also deteriorated and either needs to be replaced or removed. Are there replacements for that gasket available?

I am not entirely sure I will be keeping this boat long term so I don't want to spend a ton of money on 316 stainless holders. Plastic or 304 Stainless will be fine for now.

The I.D. for the cutout in the actual fiberglass is right at 3+7/8", the I.D. with the silicone gasket in place is approx. 3+11/16". I have looked all over the net at the available cup holders ..Amazon, Ebay etc. and based on the reviews I've read I don't trust the dimensions given for them.

4.2 get lucky seven they are stainless on Amazon cheap had them for two years now

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Do you have a West Marine store near you? If not, you could always have them shipped. Same 3 7/8" cutout as well. Or they've got them on Amazon and other websites as well.

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Do you have a West Marine store near you? If not, you could always have them shipped. Same 3 7/8" cutout as well. Or they've got them on Amazon and other websites as well.

Thanks for the links but I'd rather not spend $120+ on 6 cup holders for a boat I may not be keeping. I just need something functional that fits for now without breaking the bank if that makes sense?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks for the links but I'd rather not spend $120+ on 6 cup holders for a boat I may not be keeping. I just need something functional that fits for now without breaking the bank if that makes sense?
I guess I didn't realize you were wanting to replace all 6 cupholders but alas... how much are you wanting to spend and have you done a Google search on this before? Amazon literally has hundreds of options out there for what you could go with, anything from 6 plastic cupholders for $16 on up to a 4 pack of stainless steel ones for $23 to again literally hundreds of other options. With you wanting to potentially sell the boat, they don't have to be perfect and neither does the fitment. A 3 1/2" or even a 3 3/4" will work just fine as long as the cupholders are adhered to the boat in some way so they don't move or rattle around. I mean the worst case scenario would be that you order something from Amazon or elsewhere, have the item not be the correct size and then return it... right?

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I understand we all have priorities, etc. but if 120 bucks for 6 cup holders is too much, perhaps boating is not for you. How much less then 20 each are you expecting to find replacements?

at this point, anytime I can get something done on the boat for under 1k, I’m thrilled. I want to replace several of the plastic cup holders on my express with stainless when I get around to it.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I understand we all have priorities, etc. but if 120 bucks for 6 cup holders is too much, perhaps boating is not for you. How much less then 20 each are you expecting to find replacements?

at this point, anytime I can get something done on the boat for under 1k, I’m thrilled. I want to replace several of the plastic cup holders on my express with stainless when I get around to it.
I agree... and while I'm not necessarily opposed to spending the $120, there are certainly other options out there as mentioned above for the more frugal minded boater, which I've been known to be at time. But good lord almighty... 4 SS cupholders for $24? Just buy the damn things already lol

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Again... If I were planning on keeping it I'd gladly spend the money on high quality cup holders. In fact I'd spend more for the ones that fit a 30oz. Yeti! But alas.. We all know we never recoup money spent on a boat when we sell it. So why spend money unnecessarily? If you want to do that more power to you.

As I stated in my original post I'm merely looking for a good fitting holder. Whether it's stainless or plastic doesn't matter. And sure if I can get all 6 for under $50 that'd be great. I just don't want to spend money on freaking cup holders that could be better spent on a new Gauges, motor components etc. I'd rather give the potential new owner a well functioning boat.

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
$3.35 a piece, times 6 cupholders puts the grand total at a whopping $20.10 before tax and shipping. I can't imagine that would break the bank and I'm going to stop before my head explodes even more than it already has. Good luck

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I can't believe that a simple question has led to me being attacked for how I want to spend my money. Geez.

I think the original question has been lost to a discussion on pricing and whether or not I'm a cheap ass. At least that's how I'm taking it. I was asking if anyone has experience with the plethora of available inexpensive options and if they will fit properly. Also if the original silicone gasket is still available?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I can't believe that a simple question has led to me being attacked for how I want to spend my money. Geez.

I think the original question has been lost to a discussion on pricing and whether or not I'm a cheap ass. At least that's how I'm taking it. I was asking if anyone has experience with the plethora of available inexpensive options and if they will fit properly. Also if the original silicone gasket is still available?
A few things to mention here... the first stainless steel ones that I linked include the mounting pad as well as the gasket. I'm not sure if you'd need to add any sealer or adhesive on top of that or if the rubber gasket/mounting pad sticks directly to the fiberglass on the boat. I'm sure a few others could chime in here or a simply phone call to the manufacturer could alleviate that as well. Second, I wouldn't get too worried on going with the original silicone gasket as you could just as easily, and likely spend less money, on getting something like 3m 4200 to use as an adhesive sealant. Lastly, I'm guessing you probably aren't going to have a lot of opinions on the products that you're looking at or considering using because as mentioned above, I can't imagine most on here are going to balk at spending $120 on their boats. I also can't imagine that most people who are avid boaters are going to go for the bare minimum by spending $2-$3 a piece on cupholders when the considerably nicer ones are less than $10 more a pop. As I mentioned above, I'm a bit of a frugal person at times, but even still I'm also not going to get the absolute cheapest product out there as I'm a firm believer in that you generally get what you pay for as well as paying for longevity. If you're selling the boat then go cheap, if not then get something a bit nicer, if you're not sure then get something in the mid range in terms of pricing. At the end of the day, you're not getting attacked... you asked a question and people are giving their honest opinions on what you are asking about. There's no reason whatsoever to take it personally as this is an Internet forum. Not everyone is going to agree with you, nor are they going to always tell you what you want to hear. The consensus so far seems to lean toward getting something on the nicer end of the spectrum, which you don't seem to want to go that route. Which is fine, that being said you already mentioned not being able to recoup the money you've spent on the boat already, which makes me wonder why you're now all of a sudden worried about spending $50-$100 on cupholders. Which could easily be negated by adding an extra $100 onto the asking price, and who knows maybe some nicer cupholders could be a perk or make a buyer more interested in the boat? But alas, I've devoted and lost enough brain cells to this topic already. Good luck and have a great day.

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thank you Mustang for your replies. I appreciate you and the others taking the time to reply in an effort to help.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk