Cup holder/ rod holder ?

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I have a 2007 232 and would like to replace the plastic transom cup holder with a Gemlux rod holder/ cup holder. Anyone do this ? Wonder if it’s a direct fit? Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
The plastic ones come out easily. Measure the hole diameter and ensure there is sufficient backing material. Then make sure you can access the backside. Search the net and you should find something to fit. They make SS cup holders that replace the plastic ones so I'd imagine something is out there for your application.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Awsome id also like to add gunwhale rod holder in between the 2 factory holders, anyone know what degree to go with?

seasick

Reaction score
Awsome id also like to add gunwhale rod holder in between the 2 factory holders, anyone know what degree to go with?
Go to the Gemlux website and look up rod holder products. Scroll through that section and you will eventually see a diagram of a boat deck and the recommended orientation and angle based on location.

Reactions: Jzeno186

seasick

Reaction score
For transom mount, that Gemlux diagram recommends 30 degree

Reactions: Jzeno186

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
When replacing cup holders, I have found most are standardized and the same size. If replacing with a combo cup/rod holder you will need access to the back to make sure you have room for the holder, to through bolt and for drainage. As far as a middle gunnel rod holder go 15 degree and angle it outwards so it doesn't interfere with the forward and rear holders/rods.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
When replacing cup holders, I have found most are standardized and the same size. If replacing with a combo cup/rod holder you will need access to the back to make sure you have room for the holder, to through bolt and for drainage. As far as a middle gunnel rod holder go 15 degree and angle it outwards so it doesn't interfere with the forward and rear holders/rods.
So 15 degrees and Angle out just past the stern and inside of the fore holder correct ?