Curious if I am expecting too much

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hey guys,

So, curious.. and not mad at them at all, but I like to keep on top of things.

Ordered the new top like middle of April, right? Let's say they got it the Friday, logged it the following week, whatever, right? So, as we approached the summer, wife planning camps for the kids, people planning all the holiday vacations etc...I find myself trying to make sure I can be off when the top arrives.. heh

So, last month, around the 20th, I email asking if we were still on schedule for June time-frame, so the wife can plan a trip to see the grandparents. (she usually takes a couple weekends and shuffles kids to the grandparents then goes and spends a week with them .. whatever.. but needed to plan around that as I tend to do the driving)

No answer, so I call a few days later and "We were going to call you".. I get it, they are super nice so not a problem, but wife is on me to nail some dates down :p They tell me they are going to start it "week after next". It will take a few days to build, so I am thinking, "okay..I can totally plan around that".. let's say it ships like.. 2 fridays later, after the building starts. That puts it as shipping around the 15th. (that gives a whole two weeks, not a few days, to actually start it, right? I am easy.. I can plan that.

Well, started thinking... not going to hit the July 4th weekend as I still have to install that thing, so.. I email asking about how long of a window is the shipping. I am not asking if or when etc, just now need to factor in my co-workers taking the July 4th time off and me not being able to be home during the day.

All this, not a huge issue, it will be here when it will be here, but...still no reply.

Am I being too pushy if I call and ask for an update? I mean, call me crazy but I can email like crazy.. I get it.. I am on a PC 10 hours a day... hazards of being a DBA.. lol.. but I do not want to tick someone off by going, "hey.. I emailed, did not hear back, so called"... what's the deal?"

Would not say that.. lol.. but waiting on the email reply... annoying. gotta make sure they do not wait and ship it during the July 4th time that my co-worker is out of town. Was planning on it being here this week or next, but with no response, it could push out to the holiday and I have to plan for that.

Thoughts?

R

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I'll just call... what they gonna do, not make the top? lol

So....who here is from Texas and wants some drone footage of their boat while underway? lol.. I am planning to hit the coast in July and have the drone ready to go! BOOM! ;)

R

Reactions: jip40

Lsquared

Reaction score
im going thru that with an estimate. this time of year those guys are crazy busy because you and everyone else wants it at the start of the season. My broker says the electronics guy is two weeks out so. but they should be able to get a close time frame unless they are trying to fit in others around your work.

I would take you up on the offer but ill be in the keys that week. mind if I im you when you are online sometime?

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yea, I am betting they are always busy unless you get them between Nov-Feb heh.

Always welcome to IM. Always enjoy talking GW heh, albeit I am not knowledgable like the rest of these folks;)

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Welp, looks like they are still waiting on the fiberglass top. They say the fiberglass guy promised next week. Then, the guy making the storage bag for it has to make that after the top gets there, so... looking at shipping the week after July 4th, if everything works out as planned, which never does seem to happen.

So, still in a holding pattern. More time to get here ready, I guess. Nothing to do but wait heh.

For the future folks looking for a top from WMW Marine, paid for March 19th, looking at about 4 months to get it, but I am betting it is totally worth the wait. Just have to set expectations.

Russ