Curtain install .... what to do??

REELNUTTZ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I want to install curtains in the cabin of by GW 272.... Not sure if I should tap screw into window frame or the fiberglass :eek:
Any ideas or pics would be great!!!

ElMar

Reaction score
Do you have the surrounds around the window?

My 268 Islander has a track installed in the surround for curtains.

ltid8732

Reaction score
if you are not going to open and close them you can use velcro, i had some made and they velcroed around the window frames and looked very clean

Reactions: Reel Nuttz

Reel Nuttz

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
if you are not going to open and close them you can use velcro, i had some made and they velcroed around the window frames and looked very clean
Thats a good thought!!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Velcro could work the best. They have an adhesive backed version you could install on the entire frame. You could have it sewn on the curtain. It would allow repositioning as well.

Reel Nuttz

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Velcro could work the best. They have an adhesive backed version you could install on the entire frame. You could have it sewn on the curtain. It would allow repositioning as well.
Thanks.... I'm going to give the velcro a try!!!

ltid8732

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply I had the velcro sewn around the curtain and used the adhesive style to attach to window frame
just make sure and clean frame good and it should stay put
On a side note I got tired of curtains and leaking windows so i am having the windows fiberglassed in as we speak

Jdurb

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I got rid of my curtains and instead tinted them. I personally think it looks way nicer.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Mine have tracks with snaps around them. I'm in the process of replacing the curtain with new fabric and old mounting. Checkout Sailrite.com for hardware and sewing supplies. Didn't like any fabric I found there. Wife is still mad at me for stealing her new shower curtain to make new curtains!

Last edited: