Curtain install???

REELNUTTZ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I want to install curtains in the cabin of by GW 272.... Not sure if I should tap screw into window frame or the fiberglass :eek:
Any ideas or pics would be great!!!

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I would not install anything permanently like that. The cover on my boat that fits the bimini top that came with the boat, has a ton of bad snaps and the only real way to fix that is costly...i.e. drill out the snaps and replace or repair the hole. I know there are guys here that will say there are alternatives... snap extensions, etc, but, there has to be a more cost effective way.

I would also ask on THT, might get more responses, but the real experienced responses will be here.

May not be a better way than snaps on the fiberglass, just saying what I am seeing here, so when I remove the snaps after the top goes in, I plan to repair the hull then get a cover that uses bungees. May not be an option for you, not sure how or what you are connecting the curtains to, but if there is a way... these guys will know it.

Hrm, come to think of it, there may be a per-manufactored solution that maybe clips onto the window. I know most the GW I have seen had curtains on the windows.

R

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
One possible option are "SNADS": https://www.ykkfastening.com/products/search/detail.html?pdid1=SNAD(R)

I used them to put a custom made bow cushion on my 330 Express so I can remove the cushion and not have a ton of foot snagging snap studs and I could even easily remove them. So far (2 seasons) they've been perfect.

Or you may be able to skip the snaps entirely and attach the curtain hardware with 3M VHB tape, which is almost certainly what the SNADS use. I've had pretty good success with that tape attaching several "permanent" items. You can remove the tape by sawing through it with fishing braid (use gloves or dowels to protect your hands) and then the remnants just peel up.

Gianni

Reaction score
Which curtains are you talking about? The ones in the cabin windows??

Reactions: Reel Nuttz

Fishtales

Reaction score
There usually is a track where the curtain balls (other end is sewn to the curtain) track in side of to open and close.