Cushion cleaners

Vtdochop

Reaction score
Picked up a 3M Marine Vinyl Cleaner and Restorer product from West Marine yesterday...a waste of time and money :!: I'll try Steam/Bleach/Amorall next :D

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
Vtdochop said:
Picked up a 3M Marine Vinyl Cleaner and Restorer product from West Marine yesterday...a waste of time and money :!: I'll try Steam/Bleach/Amorall next :D

NO ARMOROLL!!!!

it has a hardner it it !!!!

eppem

Reaction score
cleaners

Like fishing we all have our own "methods"?

Spray nine is a great all around cleaner to keep on the boat..like an above poster stated, no need for the "marine" version. Buy a refill jug at Home Depot, for like $10 bucks?

I clean my cushions with a car product..bleachright? (spelling?) Its very strong, very effective and must be rinsed off with a lot of water...then i spray the 3M vinyly cleaner (it doesn't clean but does protect) and protectant on..the 3M, gives a nice sheen...when they get grimmy during the course of the year, just repeat...elbow grease is also a great cleaning product!

gradytom

Reaction score
After reading this thread, I looked for Spray 9 at a bunch of places in Oakland County Mi and couldn't find it.

I've used 303 protectant in the past, so decided to try 303 convertable top vinyl cleaner (from Murrays Auto).

Excellent results with little effort.

Wet em down, hit the seams and surface lightly with a hand held steamer, sprayed em down with the cleaner and let em sit for 10m, scrubbed a little, steamed a little more, rinsed em good. Reaaply 303 protectant.
Came out Awesome! Look brand new.

BTW: don't but 303 products at a marine store, its available at a bunch of places for a lot less.

gt