Cushions for 282 Sailfish

Bassman

Reaction score
I purchased a 2002 282 Sailfish that has a couple of it's outside cushions missing, the one for the rear bench seat and the port seat cushion on the livewell lid.

Grady wants crazy money for these and I either need a pattern to duplicate them for my local upholsterer or find a used set for sale.

If anyone has a set locally I could borrow I would gladly pay to borrow them,or does anyone know if a 272 Sailfish has the same cushions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wrobinson

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sometimes you can find that stuff on e-bay. I found an upholstry lady who came to my boat to get an idea on how to match stuff up.

I was able to get the rear combing and the aft bench seat redone for 1/3 of the retail replacement cost. I don't have the GW logo on the bench seat anymore, but the fish don't seem to care.

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

gw204

Reaction score
Where are you located? If anywhere near me, you're welcome to see if mine will fit and if so, borrow them to for use as a pattern.

Bassman

Reaction score
I have been searching e-bay for months with no luck.

Thanks GW204 but I live in Shelton,Ct.

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
bassman, i have a 1998 272 with cushions, and I am located on long island. CKJR-drop me a PM

SouthFork

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I took my old Islander to a shop and they made templates and fabricated new ones without having the old cushions. It was expensive but not nearly what Grady wanted

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I purchased a 2002 282 Sailfish that has a couple of it's outside cushions missing, the one for the rear bench seat and the port seat cushion on the livewell lid.

Grady wants crazy money for these and I either need a pattern to duplicate them for my local upholsterer or find a used set for sale.

If anyone has a set locally I could borrow I would gladly pay to borrow them,or does anyone know if a 272 Sailfish has the same cushions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the exact boat, and original grady cushions. Do you want to see if your shop would do it off of photos? We could take pics top and bottom with a ruler and measure anything they'd want measured. Thickness, snap location, etc... The port and stbd cusions are very similar aside from this rounded part at the front right/left of either one. To accommodate the stairs. I'm near Annapolis, MD. And to be honest I never see me using my port/stbd cushions again. I put Aquatraction on the boat and hid the snaps, it's comfortable enough no one seems to care. The bench one however is very nice for the admiral, so you do want to have that one.