Custom Bench Seat

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
I'm hoping that you folks can help me with a problem. I'd like to buy a Grady White 22' or 24' walk around (I have a couple in mind), with the engine mounted on a bracket, but its just isn't "soft" enough for the wife. Truthfully she'd like something with more places to layout like a Searay, whereas I'd like more of a fishing boat, but she'd go along with anything.... Now, before you start thinking the "B" word or "Hen Pecked", she has a really really bad back and needs to be able to lay out once in a while for pain reasons So I was thinking that there is so much room in both these two models that I should be able to figure out a way to add some sort of removable bench seat that she can lay out on when needed. Has any of you done that? If so...can you post a pic and/or offer some advice?

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Take a look at the Gulfstream. I has a fold up bench seat. If she needs to lay flat I don't think it's long enough.

Jeff Mauro

Reaction score
I built a nice seat which was removable for a 28 sailfish. Don't know if it fit in your boat. I can email pix if you like