Dampening Cylinder for Hatches

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Two of the black plastic ends on the cylinders that hold the hatches up have self destructed and I'm looking to replace them.

I emailed Grady and they returned my email almost instantly and said to contact my dealer and get pricing on new SS ends, their part number 30-185.

I emailed my closest dealer, Marine Max in Alabama and haven't received a return all day. Tried calling them and got their awful phone menu. Option 2, Sales didn't answer. Option 0, operator got me disconnected. Option 6, Business Office got a recording that they were unavailable. Business must be really good.

Does anyone know of a third party source for this part? I have 5 of these cylinders so will probably replace all 10 ends.
Thanks

Ed

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
you should be able to see the mfg stamped on the cylinder. either contact them directly and ask for parts reseller, or check out Imtra to see if they carry the brand. good luck, ron

Oceanbean

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi, I just replaced mine with stainless steel ball socket end fittings. The OEM is Ameritool
Sweet upgrade from the plastic.

go to www.lewismarine.com. or call 772-286-2118 ask for Linda

you are looking for part no. EF Stainless Steel Ball Socket Fitting thread M-6 metric

They list for $5.45 each. I think I paid $4.00

Oceanbean.
Sold the 93 Exporer 245 last year, got a 04 Sailfish 282.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Oceanbean:
I had already called them and ordered the plastic ends for .97/ea. Really glad you posted because I called them back and changed it to the Stainless Steel. Cost was $4.14/ea.
I'm not sure that the stainless will last that much longer but gave it a try anyway. I have 10 ends total and am going to change them all. I'll keep the plastic ones for spares in case I ever need them.
Thanks again.