Day before the storm

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
112807_019.jpg

Took this picture Sunday before the the 75mph winds and flood hit Monday at Brigantine NJ. We had good protection from the wind but that CC across form my Grady White sunk when the tide came up and the lower unit got caught under the dock.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Whoa that is some deep water there...how deep is the water typically under normal conditions. A lot of boats in the Atlantic Highlands also sank from the storm, most were not on floating docks, but that harbor has no protection in a NE'rn. Hope the boat is ok and that we finally get some nice weather.

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Brigantine is pretty shallow. We probable have 4ft. at low tide. The island turns just north of us and those boats got hit hard.Bending steel risers on pilings or breaking them off.My friend had a stern riser break and all he could do was watch,to dangerous to go near it. He went down to check my boat and called me to say it looked like it was sitting in a pond.He made out ok though.My marinia has a good storm watch,alot of private docks that rent slips have a your on you own policy.The boat that sunk is not my marina I"m happy I paid a little more so I can sleep during a storm.

jrgrady

Reaction score
hey got bass, after that storm, I can sleep too since mine is at the sea tow docks....

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Hey JRgrady glad you did good. Joe and Nick got hammered but their ok.I was behind brig on Wed. lucky there wasn"t more boats in yet.Looked like only about 1/3 to 1/2 of boats in .Could have been worse.