DE MA VA LOUS !!!!!!! REGISTRATION AND OTHER TOPICS

batojim

Reaction score
AUGUST 20 -------Its DE MA VA LOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Following are the folks that are officially registered for the event. Note that there are a fair number of other persons that have told me they are going to register and intend to come, so I expect the list to get longer real soon.

Taylor Marine will be a sponsor. Flags will be waving and the registration packets should have nice items. The event will be at the IRI Marnina and slips have been obtained at half price for out of towners (first) and all others (second).

A number of folks have stated they want to volunteer to do something. I will be contacting you real soon in that regard.

There will be a registration fee. The registration fee will be used to offset an activity fee by the State of Delaware ($25), the cost of a tent, if necessary ($??), the cost of food and drinks for the banquet (??), and the cost for one time/event insurance required by the state (??). Those figures will be available shortly. There will be a registrtion fee for each boat/owner, and then a lesser fee for each guest, and a small or no fee for children.

Prizes will be given at the banquet. Different categories, etc. Most everyone will get a prize. A band has been secured. The banquet will be catered.

The event will be closed except to those who are officially reqistered. All current owners of a Grady White and guests are welcome to register.

I would like to have a pictorial directory prepared with information about you and your guest. Be on the lookout for a form (which will be posted on this site) for you to fill out. I would like a picture of your boat, and of the owner, and any other photo you would like to be included on your page in the directory. :D

Please submit your ideas, etc. :idea:

The following list is not complete and will be amended/udated/revised. If the information for you is wrong, please let me know. :?:

Boat----------Board Name & (Name)-------# Guests

Galileo----------Galileo (Jim Reyna)---------- -3 (Dolores, Justin)

Odyssea--------Capt. Bill (Bill Stiefer)----------4 (Reiuden and 2 guests)

Seafarer 228---Jeff-------------------------------1

C-Time----------Ocnsir (Brian)-------------------3(Cathy, Brian)

Piscatus---------Piscatus (Jeff Gibeault)---------4 (wife and 2 sons)

Kleen’d Me-Out--Jeff Drury-----------------------4 (3 guests)

Marshview----------------------------------------- 2 (1 guest)

Warpaint---------(Capt Stu)-----------------------4 (wife, 2 guests)

TunaT-----------------------------------------------1 (?)

Sidbrookes------(Capt Sid)------------------------2 (Wife Beverly)

Tournament223--(Tim)----------------------------1

Capshockey-----------------------------------------2 (Wife Sue)

Friend of Jeff Gibeault------------------------------4 (3 guests)

Dennis------------------------------------------------2 (1 guest)

White Squall-----Cathy and John-------------------2

Sage--------------------------------------------------5

Grady ?----------Guy--------------------------------2 (Peggy)

Dr. Kleen

Reaction score
get together

I will definitely be there, but I will have a total of 5 people.

Jeff, Josh and Shelby Drury, and Chrissy & Artie Terry.

Josh is almost 14, Shelby almost 11, and Artie 6.

Just let me know how to get the payment to you and I will either send it or give it to you when we arrive.

Plan on meeting Brian on the C-Time on Wednesday/Thursday and running up the coast on Thursday/Friday morning, so we should arrive in the early afternoon, weather permitting.

Looking forward to it and can't wait. It should be an awesome time.

Thanks for taking on this endeavor.

Jeff D.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
As Jeff noted, we will be travelling up together from Little Creek. Definitely be there for Friday night, but may make the run up on Thursday if the weather dictates. So, may need our slips for Thursday night as well.

C-Time will have just two of us - Cathy and me.

Happy to send money ahead, check or PayPal, or can have it ready on arrival. Just let me know.

Looking forward to the gathering, and to some fishing on the way back home. :)

Brian

GALILEO

Reaction score
Changes to registration

Gentlemen, so noted. Will get back to you re: Thurs. night. Jim.

GALILEO

Reaction score
REVIEW AND REPLY!!!!!

Folks, please review the registration list for completeness. I need everyone to confirm so that I can get a figure on the registration fee. THANKS. JIM

GALILEO

Reaction score
PLEASE REVIEW: STATE REQUIREMENTS

The State of Delaware notified me of certain requiements that I need to meet in oder to have then State's blessing for the event.

First, that State is pushing to recognize us as an organization. We are not. We are neither formal nor informal, we do not have officers, or dues, or secret handshakes. We are just a group of Grady White owners that want to meet to swap lies, eat, drink, and make some good friendships.

Second, the State wants me to post a $500,000.00 liability insurance bond. Ouch! We all have insurance on our boats, and to have a lisp in the IRI manrina, we must have liability insurance. So what is the big deal?

Third, the State wants me to pay for two porta poties, maintenance, cleaning, etc., ect.

The foregoing is not good, because the registration fees will be high. $100?

I am meeting with the State tomorrow, 8/10/07, to sort this out. SPECIAL SECRET: I UNDERSTAND THAT THE GOVERNOR OF DELAWARE IS A GRADY WHITE OWNER. A SPECIAL INVITATION IS GOING OUT TO HER. IF ACCECTED, SHE WILL BE THE ONLY POLITICAL FIGURE THERE.

We may have to call off the event and proceed with a "NON-EVENT". 8) This means that those of us in the marina will invite everyone else for a private affair. The gathering goes as planned, except that it proceeds as a non-event. Don't you love it?!!! :lol:

Stay tuned. We move foward. Will report tomorrow. BTW, when you confirm, give your T-shirt size for yourself and all your guests.

GALILEO

Reaction score
THINGS SETTLED -- TIME TO THROTTLE UP

I had an extended conversation with the State. I will not have to get the liability insurance, or the porta potties. Those two items were going to cost so much that it would have made the event cost prohibitive.

Am working on catering.

I also am assuming that everyone that said they would come are coming unless notified otherwise. Thanks. Jim

GALILEO

Reaction score
THE BEAT GOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I confirmed with the Indian River Inlet authorites on key issues. We are good to go. All persons that registered via prior board posting are fully confirmed. Sponors are confirmed and more are on the way. Live music is on. Good food to be 'et. Cold drinks will be had. Registration packages, prizes and awards, and all forms of what-nots and gee-haws are being put together.

Folks needing a slip, let me know, they are a half price (*$1.50 a foot!!). Folks needing a slip for Thursday and Friday (in addition to Saturday) will be able to get one at the special rate, but only for this event and only for registrants.

All persons that volunteered before are now needed. You will be contacted very soon.

Registration fees are still under tabulation. But the fees will cover only pro rata costs.

Need the following: one or more large commercial (?) outdoor grill.

Stay tuned!!

SEE YA SOON!!

GALILEO

Reaction score
GW Gathering: What's in a name

Cathy and Dave, I have screwed up a number of names. Now we know why I was fired as the recorder of names at the Delaware Birth Certificate Agency!!!
:lol:

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I just got off the phone with West Marine, and am happy to report that they will be kicking in some door prizes for the gathering at I.R. Marina on Saturday.

Jim, give me a call when you get a few minutes. Still trying to find someone with a large grille for Sat, and want to know when some things need to picked up.

Also, has a time and place for Saturday afternoon fun on the water, been determined yet???

GALILEO

Reaction score
GW Gathering: Logislstics

Bill thanks for following up with West Marine. Sounds good.

Spoke with Taylor Marine and they are providing a nice momento for each boat captain, hats for all captains and guests, door prizes and other items.

The banquet/feast will start around around six o'clock. No one has stepped forward with a large grill.

We are looking for a large bar-b-que grill, the type that is pulled behind a vehicle.

Jim