Dealer Referral

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
I am in the market for a new Tournament 225. But since I live in KY there is no local Grady dealer. If any of you have had really great experiences with any particular dealer in the following states please share them with me. The closest dealers to me would be in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, South Carolina, or Virginia, but Georgia or Florida could be possibilities for me. Let me know who you like and who you don't like! Thanks

TBone

Reaction score
Carrabelle Marina in Carrabelle Fla.

William Clark is the GW salesman.

VERY, VERY, nice people there.

William Clark will take good care of you if you go there.

If you do, tell him Tony L. from Massachusetts sent you.

Even if you dont buy a boat there I'm sure you'll enjoy
the experience you have with them.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for the referral Tony. I'll be sure and contact them. I've always wanted to check out the St George Island area anyway. It's only about 10-11 hrs from where I am which makes it almost as close as the South Carolina coast.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You may get pushed to Beaver Park, because distance-wise, they are closest to you.

I have yet to have a bad experience at any number of dealers that I have dealt with (Fish Tale; Vero; Play Two) but the one salesman who not only sold me a boat but built a relationship was Newland Crocker. We still keep in touch.

Good luck in your search......

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You should add Southeastern Marine in Richmond, VA to your list of GW dealers to check out. Really helpful people, no high pressure sales, and they don't seem as price aggressive as some I've dealt with.

Gary

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Parthery said:
You may get pushed to Beaver Park, because distance-wise, they are closest to you.

I have yet to have a bad experience at any number of dealers that I have dealt with (Fish Tale; Vero; Play Two) but the one salesman who not only sold me a boat but built a relationship was Newland Crocker. We still keep in touch.

I have had contact with Beaver Park and Pat Grasso. They seem to be very nice but really want to close the deal fast. They are my closest. I'll let you know how it goes. At what store does Newland Crocker work?

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
gwwannabe said:
You should add Southeastern Marine in Richmond, VA to your list of GW dealers to check out. Really helpful people, no high pressure sales, and they don't seem as price aggressive as some I've dealt with.

Gary
I have spoken with a very nice guy there named Mickey Brown. They seem to want to add a lot of the options like ski pylon, cockpit bolsters, etc at the dealer level. I've always preferred to have those factory installed but maybe that's just me. They are 600 miles from me, but if the deal was right.........................

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
capt chris said:
Parthery said:

I have had contact with Beaver Park and Pat Grasso. They seem to be very nice but really want to close the deal fast. They are my closest. I'll let you know how it goes. At what store does Newland Crocker work?

Newland Crocker = Crocker's Marine in Wrightsville Beach, NC.

They were one of Grady's first dealers 30+ years ago.... now own 3 dealerships (Nautica in SC, as well as Morehead Marine in Morehead City.)

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Parthery,
I have a friend in Charlotte who used to have a house @ Figure Eight. We used to go to Crocker Marine in Wrightsville to have his Boston Whaler worked on. It's probably 12 hrs away but I'll keep him in mind if I can't get anything worked out closer to home.
Does anyone have any experience with either the dealer in Detroit or Mid Carolina Marine in Columbia, SC?

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Capt.Chris

My vote is Twin Cities Marine in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

I have spent many a nite on Cumberland..I know Wisconsin is a haul, but they are the real thing. Al Howarth stopped at nothing to make sure I was happy when I bought my Gulfstream.
They are old-school, make the customer happy kind of people..They are family-owned, and the service dept. is 1st-rate..(Roger is a great tech..)

I have had my previous Seafarer to both Beaver and , oh, what's the name of the dealer in Mt. Clemens....Anyway, the boat came back dirty from both places..Twin Cities puts rugs down on the deck when they work on the boats to keep the floor grease from being tracked and dug into the nonskid.
Call me picky, but that's ultimately what made me choose Twin Cities..They really care about your boat, and I don't have to do extensive scrubbing to clean my 232 up after a service appointment like I used to in the Seafarer days.

You and I have chatted here when you replied to my "How Many Gradys In Indiana" post, I think...Are you down near the dam, or up toward Connelly and Burnside?

Jenny Ann

Reaction score
I used to slip my boat at twin cities and magibill and I had completely opposite experiences. I would highly reccomend against twin cities from everytime I delt with them. Maybe if you purchase your boat from them it is different, but all my experieces were not good.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
magicalbill said:
Capt.Chris

My vote is Twin Cities Marine in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

I have spent many a nite on Cumberland..I know Wisconsin is a haul, but they are the real thing. Al Howarth stopped at nothing to make sure I was happy when I bought my Gulfstream.
They are old-school, make the customer happy kind of people..They are family-owned, and the service dept. is 1st-rate..(Roger is a great tech..)

I have had my previous Seafarer to both Beaver and , oh, what's the name of the dealer in Mt. Clemens....Anyway, the boat came back dirty from both places..Twin Cities puts rugs down on the deck when they work on the boats to keep the floor grease from being tracked and dug into the nonskid.
Call me picky, but that's ultimately what made me choose Twin Cities..They really care about your boat, and I don't have to do extensive scrubbing to clean my 232 up after a service appointment like I used to in the Seafarer days.

You and I have chatted here when you replied to my "How Many Gradys In Indiana" post, I think...Are you down near the dam, or up toward Connelly and Burnside?
I am about two miles up from Conley Bottom towards Burnside @ White Oak Creek. We are basically right acrosss from Mill Springs.

tuxedospike

Reaction score
New Gradys...

Check out Playtwo Marine in Edgewater, FL....They have a few new 2007's and are selling them at a great price....ex: a new 305 with a load of options was priced at 199,000 at the Central Fl Boatshow last weekend...heard that a a new 300 Marlin (2008) was around 262,000 at the New York show. A phone call couldn't hurt !

Motivator

Reaction score
I second Newland @ Crockers in Wrightsville Beach, NC. You will not find a nicer person.

Motivator

Motivator

Reaction score
I second Newland @ Crockers in Wrightsville Beach, NC. You will not find a nicer person.

Motivator

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I can vouch for Mid-Carolina Marine in Columbia, SC. I bought my Grady from Morehead Marine, stumbled across a pristine '05 208 there on vacation there but use Mid-Carolina for service since I live outside Columbia, SC

Contact Frank Riley Mid-Carolina Marine. I bought a Wellcraft V-20 and a Carolina Skiff from him and he is quite a character.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grady_Crazy said:
I can vouch for Mid-Carolina Marine in Columbia, SC. I bought my Grady from Morehead Marine, stumbled across a pristine '05 208 there on vacation there but use Mid-Carolina for service since I live outside Columbia, SC

Contact Frank Riley Mid-Carolina Marine. I bought a Wellcraft V-20 and a Carolina Skiff from him and he is quite a character.
Thanks Grady Crazy. I am talking to Mike Hoffman there at present. I will know more tomorrow when they open back up. There is an offer on the table with them. We'll see if they accept it.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Crocker's also owns Nautica Marine in Georgetown , SC which is 35 miles south of Myrtle Beach on US 17 and the Intercoastal. They have always given us great service.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Capt Chris,

I stopped by Mid-Carolina today, having my GPS installed in my 208 and I saw your potential boat, 225 with F250 on a bracket, Sweet. Hope it works out.

Doug