Deck drain ports located at waterline...water coming into the cockpit

ssgrady01

Reaction score
Make sure the flappers on the scuppers are angled toward the stern. If they were put in straight up and down, it is easier for the water to get into the cockpit. I had the same issue last year and realized the tab was on the top and the flap caught the water as you drove along. Just my $.02.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Make sure the flappers on the scuppers are angled toward the stern. If they were put in straight up and down, it is easier for the water to get into the cockpit. I had the same issue last year and realized the tab was on the top and the flap caught the water as you drove along. Just my $.02.
Just checked mine. They are angled towards the stern.

Last edited:

ssgrady01

Reaction score
1682549945405.png

This is the way they should look when you look at them. I didn't realize it until I bought new ones online and noticed it.

Reactions: FREEDOM!!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not trying to be a nit picker here but check valves require water pressure to drain. You want flap valves like what I put in. Probably what you want but I didn't want some casual reader to go "oh, ok, check valves it is". I'm probably over thinking it.
Agree, the ones with the flappers is what I was referring to. Not sure you can even use a the other type in the application.