Deck drain replacement

Mars99

Reaction score
Replacing the deck drains on the Seafarer 228.

Should I be using screws or an adhesive to mount 90 degree piece to the underside of the deck?

The new deck drain unscrews, but I’m not sure if that alone would be a tight enough fit.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd put a thin coat of Life Caulk on the bottom side and the same on the top side. Once you torque them down, wipe off the excess from the top and you'll be good to go.
I wish I could reach mine easily. I think it's going to be a royal pain in the arse to do it next fall.

fordfisherman

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
The hoses were a bear to replace on my 248-patience and bloody knuckles will get it done.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
IMHO, you don’t want a seal below the deck. There are only two places for water on deck to go, underneath the top fitting, or down the drain. If water does get under the top fitting, I would rather it drip to the bilge than to get trapped because of a seal underneath, and weep into the deck core.
I did not attach the elbow underneath, it is held in place by the top piece. Anyway, the glass underneath my deck is so rough that it would take more than a thin layer of anything to try to seal.