Deck drains / upgrade from the 2 piece white plastic

Hamish

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hello all I’m contemplating upgrading the majority of the under floor hoses since my boat is a older 1998 model.

i have found these solid stainless 90 deg floor drains that feature the 1.5 inch barbed discharge (see photo)

Im interested to know if people who have replaced the oem ones with the upgraded oem ones think that this different stainless designmight just work?

I’m wondering if the idea behind the oem 2 piece design possibly makes for easier fitment of the stiff rubber hose that connects to the through transom scupper fittings.

What I mean here is that the 90 deg barbed fitting may be installed on the hose before u go pushing the other end of the hose to the transom fitting maybe…

fyi there is a significant difference in price between to two photos attached

Attachments

• B8F1011D-6B86-4280-BECE-0BB8D1F65D47.png
    B8F1011D-6B86-4280-BECE-0BB8D1F65D47.png
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 66

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What makes the one shown two piece is the removable screen. A lot of guys don't want the screws in the deck, but it will work. The OEM replacement, where the top flange unscrews, makes fitting the hose easier.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You need to make sure that the flange on that fitting will sit down inside the deck recess enough so it does not sit proud compared to the deck surface. Ideally, if it is slightly recessed it will drain better.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If you cut new hose to the exact length required then it shouldn’t be any issue. If you can get your hands on the hose under the deck. Double clamps.

dbiscayne

Reaction score
I used the low profile version from Gemlux, fit pretty good and seems to be a quality made piece.