Deck drains

fishone

Reaction score
I want to replace my deck drains on my 1995 seafarer. I'm having trouble locating the identical parts to replace them and I don't want to remove the ones that are in the boat for concern I may have to break them to get them out. Does anyone know where I can find the right parts for this job ? thanks

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm not certain if your 1995 is similar to the older Seafaers, but if they are, and you are speaking of the brass tubes both port and starboard cockpit drains through transom, Jamestown distributors has them, as well as Discount marine supply in Ft Pierce, Fl. Most major marine supply companies will have them. You'll need a flanging tool to properly install them. They may be a different setup though to what I am familiar with.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I replaced those rear brass drains on my old Offshore last year if that is what you are talking about. I was going to do as VeroWing said until I found these drains from GEM LUX. They are stainless ends with a plastic tube in the middle you can cut to the length you need. I had to ream out the holes a little on each end to make room for the end pieces, I used the backside of a speed paddle bit feeding it though the hole and into the drill on the other side of the hull.

There were some good photos here somewhere replacing these with the original brass, I think some embedded a piece of PVC in 5200 and then the drain into the PVC to protect the wood core better. Just be prepared to make a mess out of 5200 either way!

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/Deck-Drains/73100

If you are referring to the Perko through hull deck drains in various locations I found they were barbed through hulls (1" i think but can't remember for sure) with the barbs nicely cutoff and then the various other plumbing hardware threads onto the the cutoff fitting. I found them in the Perko catalog online and ordered them online.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I think fish is talking about the drain fixtures on the floor or deck itself and not the through hulls. Granted the fittings may themselves classified as a through hull fitting. I think he is also talking about the rear drains perhaps more so than the forward drains. They are two different styles and sizes too. I have not researched sourcing these myself so I am not much help there.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If it's the aft cockpit floor drains, I replaced mine with new ones from Grady. They weren't that much money and all it took was a quick phone call and they shipped it to me.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
X2 what Dennis said. I did the same and they were cheap plus improved version on my original parts.

fishone

Reaction score
yes, I am talking about the two identical deck drains aft the cockpit. They are perpendicular to the deck, go thru then turn 90 degrees pointing toward the transom. I found some that are made of MARELON and are reasonably priced. the original ones from 1995 held up well but I would like to replace them with new ones. thanks for the input.

white diamond

Reaction score
Where did you find the MARELON drains? Do you have the part number?