Deck lights

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
My 265 has the flood lights on each side of the tower, but there are also a couple of lights in the lower panels. I haven't been able to figure out how to turn those on. The bulbs appear to be ok.

Is there a switch I'm not seeing or are they supposed to come on when I turn on the upper flood lights?

Thanks
20230305_173030.jpg

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Should be wired into the courtesy circuit. Pop the light out and follow the wire. A previous owner may have not liked their position and cut the wires.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Courtesy lights on switch panel. I never use them. Thought about changing to blue led for "hanging at the boat" ambiance. One of these years...

I replaced Halogen spreaders with LED. I just use that.

Last edited:

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Courtesy lights on switch panel. I never use them. Thought abought changing to blue led for "hanging at the boat" ambiance. One of these years...

I replaced Halogen spreaders with LED. I just use that.
That's what i was looking to do, go with blue led.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Replace them with an LED. Should be a simple swap out.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The switch on mine is on the switch panel at the helm. I changed mine out of blue LED and since they came in a 4 pack have replaced the two that were in place and also installed two on the stern hatches. Certainly light up the deck at dusk.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Replaced mine with blue LED, Partsam 3" round nav lights in chrome, 6-2835-SMD, $16 for the pair from Amazon. They're a near identical match and installation was easy but they are pretty bright and I honestly don't use them much, granted they were listed as transom mount stern anchor lamps so it's likely just a poor choice on my part but they were the closest match I could find at the time. Wired into the courtesy switch at the dash.

Reactions: Saltyone