Deck mat

Drifter80

Reaction score
I'm looking for a deck to put on the back deck of my 226 (mainly so my boxer dog doesnt slide around). I was thinking about getting a rubber mat but I'm worried the summer heat might melt it to the fiberglass.
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a deck mat?

georgemjr

Reaction score
No answer, but same question. I have seen the rubber mats used for kitchens and bar floors (commercially) used for this, but have only seen them in black. They work well and are great for throwing an anchor or dive gear on, but would love to find that product in a light (grady) color. Any one have ideas?

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
http://www.dri-dek.com

This is the stuff that came to my mind.

Here's a fishing report on it:
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdridek.html

picdridek48.jpg

ahill

Reaction score
The mats I've used end up leaving a residue in the mat pattern on my deck. Try a non rubberized product.

Drifter80

Reaction score
That dri-dek stuff looks cool. I'll have to check into it

JeffN

Reaction score
Drifter80 said:
That dri-dek stuff looks cool. I'll have to check into it

I used that in the back of a pick-up truck so it would protect the bed but also dry out underneath. I worked well and held up well.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use the Dri Deck product in several locations around the boat and have been pleased. I have a large section (6 tiles) that I use under a cooler, portable livewell, or dive tanks depending on whats on board. I have also cut it to fit on the floor of the cuddy and storage compartments. Helps keep stuff dry and allows air to circulate.

For a dog I would think you need some way to secure it as the mat by itself will slide around. It will stay put with some weight or if wedged to fit in an area.

Twisted28

Reaction score
I have a budy who puts mats in his Grady deck and he is very meticulous about his bouat. No issues at all. He uses the rubber backed flor mats with carpet on the top. Good for the feet and back. I think he gets them from a commercial supply store and I will check when he gets them and get back to you.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
How is the Dri-Deck on bare feet? I've seen it in the stores and it appears to have a pretty rough surface.

Drifter80

Reaction score
I ordered something like that from a local carpet store Twisted. I picked it up Friday and it looks great and doesnt slide around. I'm happy with it. I'll post a picture later.