Deck storage under the helm

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Those who have this hatch and storage under the helm what do you store in yours?
This seems wet and access to it is awkward at best. I have my Overnighter some 7 years and I barely if ever get in there. I’ve been storing a bucket and extra castnets sometimes there but that’s about it. Thinking of maybe storing tackle there but it’d have to be in watertight containers.
8C009CE3-FD4D-419A-978B-B23C9022E544.jpeg

Fishtales

Reaction score
The Marlin has a little spot under the first step. Only a couple of inches of depth. Maybe I'll check out a plano box or two....

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
The Marlin has a little spot under the first step. Only a couple of inches of depth. Maybe I'll check out a plano box or two....
Do you use it for anything?
Seems like wasted space.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not in 15 years. It collects water too. Kinda wasted space....

Reactions: Lt.Mike

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I used to keep a throw able in the step locker, now it sits empty. I may rethink it, maybe store rope.

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Those who have this hatch and storage under the helm what do you store in yours?
This seems wet and access to it is awkward at best. I have my Overnighter some 7 years and I barely if ever get in there. I’ve been storing a bucket and extra castnets sometimes there but that’s about it. Thinking of maybe storing tackle there but it’d have to be in watertight containers.
View attachment 18633
I had an 87 overnighter and kept a bucket and rope in it or used it as an extra cooler by pkuging the drain. Mine never got water in it.

Reactions: Lt.Mike

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I had an 87 overnighter and kept a bucket and rope in it or used it as an extra cooler by pkuging the drain. Mine never got water in it.
Mines always wet when Im fishing as I’m using the wash down hose to remove fish slime or those damned clear skate spines off the deck. Those things are hell on barefeet. When my cabin door is propped open you can’t lift the hatch. With the big 225 weighing down the transom I wondered if that center hatch area would be a good place to relocate the batteries (?).

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I slide my bumpers in there on my seafarer, would be nice if it was drier in there. I might put a bigger hatch in mine, one with a removable bucket that fits in the hatch opening.

Have considered sliding my fuel tank forward and the converting the rear area to a drier storage compartment. 2 footitus will probably happen before i do that...

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I have short buckets (3 & 4 gal from pool chlorine..) with lids.
Cast net one has drain holes drilled , another has "bucket trays" from HD with varoius lead weights.
Looks like that would be a good place for them...