Deka battery

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
wlewis said:
Where is the best place to buy a Deka battery? One of mine just went bad. Over 7 years old so it’s hard to go with anything else.

Seven years is amazing. Do you keep a charger on it all the time? Whatever you're doing, keep it up.

wlewis

Reaction score
Occasional trickle charger. Might even be closer to 7 1/2 or 8 years depending on boat’s production date. It’s a 2011 model and batteries are original.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I got 7 years out of the Deka 27m batteries that I put in back in 2010. The original batteries were also Dekas, but they only lasted a few months. My boat sat at a dealership for over 2 years before I bought it. The battery plates had become badly sulfanated because of the lack of use. I use the boat year round, which keeps the batteries fully charged most of the time. The 7 year old batteries still passed a load test. I only replaced them out of caution. Dekas are a great value.

wlewis

Reaction score
My boat also sat at the dealer for 2 years before I bought it. In the 5 years I’ve had it, I’ve only put 100 or so hours on it and batteries up to now, are original. My second original battery is fine. As long as I have a new one, I’ll keep the other original battery till it quits.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
WLewis, glad you found one.

Place here in ATL sells them for right around $115. I think they can ship them UPS Ground too, for future reference.

Fishtales

Reaction score
could try Batteries and Bulbs store if one near you.