DeMaVaLOUS 2006 Simply DeMaVaLOUS

marshview

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a great time. Hopefully we can all get together again. Paul and I made it back to O C in approx. an hour. The waves were not too bad. Captain Tom and first mate Sue navigated us back safely. We were able to travel at 20 knots most of our journey and were fortunate enough to not encounter any rain. Great to see some old and new faces this year. The weather may not have been the best, but we sure enjoyed it.

Thanks Jim/Delores and Jeff and our Sponsers... Taylor Marine and West Marine.

Stonewall

Reaction score
Donna and I also had a great time inspite of the weather. We enjoyed meeting everyone and chatting with you all.

We, along with Jeff, his kids, Brian and Kathy made the decision to head home about 10:30 this AM. While it rained like hell most of the way, the ocean and Delaware Bay weren't too bad. However the Chesapeake Bay hit us with a stiff southeast wind and whipped the bay just a bit. I was in my slip at Podickory Pt in 4 hrs 30 mins total time. Unfortunately, Jeff and Brian had further to travel and hit some severe weather just below the Bay Bridge. I spoke to Jeff about 7:00 and everyone was safe. Brian and Kathy had decided to bunk with Jeff for tonight and make the trip to Norfolk tomorrow. Smart Move Brian! I'm just glad I could bust up some of those waves for you on the way down.

Many thanks to everyone for all the effort, the good food, the good company and the good times.

Dennis and Donna

capshockey

Reaction score
Had a great time again this year. Glad to hear everyone is safe tonight.
Just want to thank the organizer and sponscer again this year. Looking
foward to meeting some new people next year. Carol and Paul looking
foward to seeing your new 36 next year

Dr. Kleen

Reaction score
Del Mar Va Lous get together

Myself, Josh and Shelby had a really great time. Looking forward to the next one!!!!!!!!!! We had some serious weather below the Bay Bridge, had 3-4-5's all the way to Solomons. We got in the slip and Brian arrived about an hour later. They got really beaten up and my Mom took Cathy from Solomons to Va. Beach/Norfolk by car. Brian got underway around 9am for the 90 mile trip to Norfolk, and was going up against 15-20 mph winds from the S-SE. When I talked to him he was 2/3's of the way there and OK.

Jeff D

PS: The Grady made us feel safe in those conditions, and I wouldn't have finished the last 40 without being on one.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The 90nm run from Solomons to Norfolk took me 7hrs-15min. The first 15 minutes were fine, until I go out into the Bay...

Last 20nm wasn't too bad, as the seas had enough "east" in them to be off the bow, and I could make better speed.

Cathy is pretty sore from a couple of spills in the cockpit, and will see her doctor on Wednesday.

It was really great to see everyone again, but DelMarVa circumnavigations are pretty costly.

Will always wonder if the coastal run would have been better....

Brian

GALILEO

Reaction score
All Safe and Counted

Folks, Dolores and I had a great time at the gathering. It was really nice to see old friends and make some new ones. Jeff deserves a world of thanks for his help in getting everyone signed up. Brain and Cathy were indispensable in helping out with a number of things, but I guess we will always talk about how Brain wields a mean grill. I am glad to hear that all made it home safely. Thanks to everyone for coming out.

Would someone like to volunteer to help collect and distribute pictures of the the event. I know that I have about 40 really nice shots of everyone.

Thanks. Jim

marlin30bud

Reaction score
patsy and i had a super time. it was great meeting and spending time with all you great folks and i look forward to next year as well. glad everyone got home safe. bud

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Picture Collector

GALILEO said:
Would someone like to volunteer to help collect and distribute pictures of the the event. I know that I have about 40 really nice shots of everyone.

Thanks. Jim

I volunteer to collect digital pics, assemble and then burn on CDs.

Will mail a CD to anyone who asks.

If you have just a few photos, then email them to me at brian@thehodsons.com, include your mailing address if you want a CD.

If you have a lot of photos, then please burn them on a CD and mail to me at Brian J. Hodson, 8241 North View Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23518-3528. Again, include an address for a mailed CD.

I will assemble the collection as it comes in, and will close it out in a couple of weeks.

Brian

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Although my wife and I were not able to attend the event this year, I did stop by briefly in the morning on Saturday, and we both were able to return from our trip to Maryland about 10:00 pm Saturday night. We missed all the fun, but were still able to meet some of you, and to say hello to some friends from last year's event.

Speaking of last year, here's a question for you, Jim. What ever happened to the pictures from last year? If I remember correctly, (and that doesn't always happen :lol: , I thought that we were all going to have a photo-CD sent out? If that did happen, I would still like to get one, as that event was very special to us.

We are hoping that there will be a "3rd annual" next year, and that we'll once again have a Grady to bring us there. Thanks Jim, Jeff, Brian and others for making it happen. :D

GALILEO

Reaction score
Thanks for the help

Brian, thanks for stepping up, again. I will send you a CD of the photos that I took. Some of the memorable shots I took include Cathy with carrot cake on her nose, Brian bowing over the grill, the kids having fun blowing bubbles, Dolores at the registration desk, piles of food, various images of great smiles, and some nice looking boats.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Re: Thanks for the help

GALILEO said:
Bill... I have already personally explained to you several times why that did not occur:

Geeez Jim, it seems like I've touched a nerve! I haven't talked to you about this since, probably, last October. I remembered you telling me at that time, that you were caught up in a lot of travel. So I knew the CD album wasn't going to happen right away. But you never told me that it wasn't going to happen at all. So after reading about the pictures of this year's event, I was just asking. I wasn't trying to agitate you. Sorry for bringing it up.

GALILEO

Reaction score
Final Tally in

Folks, I will be posting soon a summary description of the DeMaVa Lous Event. Suffice to say that it was a success, mother nature nothwithstanding. Thanks for everyone for making the effort. I am hearing alot of postive feedback at the marina about the impact we made. Jim

takt4

Reaction score
Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome. Had a great time and enjoyed meeting all of you . Glad to here everyone got back to their berths safetly. See you all next year.

tim

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Re: Picture Collector

ocnslr said:
I volunteer to collect digital pics, assemble and then burn on CDs.

Will mail a CD to anyone who asks.

If you have just a few photos, then email them to me at brian@thehodsons.com, include your mailing address if you want a CD.

If you have a lot of photos, then please burn them on a CD and mail to me at Brian J. Hodson, 8241 North View Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23518-3528. Again, include an address for a mailed CD.

I will assemble the collection as it comes in, and will close it out in a couple of weeks.

Brian

Well, I have recieved one PM asking for pictures, but have NOT received any pictures by email or CD.

Happy to do this, but ......????

Brian

GALILEO

Reaction score
Pictures

Brian, I mailed a CD of pictures to you at the address that you provided a week ago Saturday. Jim

Stonewall

Reaction score
Brian,

I thought Donna sent you some attached to an email. If you didn't get them let me kknow and I'll resend them.

Thanks

Dennis

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have Jim's CD, plus pics emailed by "Stonewall", plus the ones we took.

I will assemble all and burn CDs as necessary - so post up if you want one.

Brian