Depressed? Think pleasant thoughts.

seasick

Reaction score
Folks,
It seems to me that the number of new posts is on the rise. I suspect that many like myself are stuck in self imposed isolation and suffering cabin fever.
I also think that I am probably a tad depressed with all the news and events.
My hope with this post is to offer a thread for our fellow members to talk about anything if it helps relieve their anxieties or offer any stories, wishes or encouragement. I will be the first to say that I look forward every day and multiple times a day for anything new on the forums to discuss and help both kill the time as well as keep in 'touch' with people.
So allow me to start;
I am going to need a haircut. Is that something critical? NO, at least I still have hair to cut but nevertheless I don't want to revert back to my 70's look!!
Be well all, keep those posts coming.
Seasick

sgable17

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
Folks,
It seems to me that the number of new posts is on the rise. I suspect that many like myself are stuck in self imposed isolation and suffering cabin fever.
I also think that I am probably a tad depressed with all the news and events.
My hope with this post is to offer a thread for our fellow members to talk about anything if it helps relieve their anxieties or offer any stories, wishes or encouragement. I will be the first to say that I look forward every day and multiple times a day for anything new on the forums to discuss and help both kill the time as well as keep in 'touch' with people.
So allow me to start;
I am going to need a haircut. Is that something critical? NO, at least I still have hair to cut but nevertheless I don't want to revert back to my 70's look!!
Seasick
Go with a 3 on the sides and a 6 on the top.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lol, I gave up trying to hold on and shaved my head about 4 years ago so I don't have that issue.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Seasick,
No need to overthink it.....
vacuum-haircut-187955-flowbee-haircut-hair-raising-haircutting-experience-of-vacuum-haircut.jpg

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Seasick

Mine is still hanging on too. Looks like for us that are old enough we have to go back to our 70's look, much better than getting out and possibly spreading the Covid 19.

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Mine is still hanging on too. Looks like for us that are old enough we have to go back to our 70's look, much better than getting out and possibly spreading the Covid 19.
I just want to get back on the water!

seasick

Reaction score
I probably stand a better chance of getting a haircut than getting the boat ready and being able to launch it. Right now I am making a list of what I would need to do to re-winterize the boats for next season I think the Jersey boat won't go in for sure. I am not 'allowed' to drive into NJ at this time and the foreseeable future. Even more important, should for whatever reason it needed to be hauled, I probably couldn't get to it. I thinks it's best not to have to worry about it

dainlaroche

Reaction score
I too look forward to posts on this site to keep me motivated and kill the boredom. Thank you all for your involvement. Here's a pic I took out of Rye Harbor, NH one early morning a few summers ago. Days like this will be here soon.
DSCN1343.JPG

Reactions: Viking88rd

Shannon C.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
That picture brings back a lot of great memories when I lived in Sandwich Mass, a lot of early morning stripper runs out of Sandwich marina on the cape. Thanks for posting!

seasick

Reaction score
That's the spirit..
Very calming photos.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Why would anyone want to cut their hair? Doc looks great.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
If he was, he'd have that Canyon Flagship with quads...

Hit records baby....

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well, we went fishing over Saturday and Sunday. Left Port Canaveral at 1630 Saturday afternoon, in what we thought was a good two day forecast...NOT!
We had 6 family members on my boat My son, my brother, his two sons and his grandson. Sadly the forecast was BS, we got our brains beat out on the way out to the 120 mile bouy, on the East side of the Gulfstream. Drove all night to fish daybreak around the bouy, chummed trying to raise yellowfin or Mahi. No luck, only two knock downs, the whole day, dragged lots of ocean, we were pretty unlucky, found no weed lines and no birds.
However we were on the boat! It was fun to be together. Even a bad day on the water is better than going shopping, or sitting around worrying about the virus, stock market, or those idiot politicians from California. We drank a lot of beer, yuked it up over the crappy forecast, getting skunked, and us getting soaked a couple times!
All in all it was a long boat ride in nasty seas. We went a total of 271 miles and burned 243.6 gallons, $$$I love my Marlin!!

Reactions: wrxhoon

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My happy place!!!!

Looking forward to getting back down to South Carolina after all this is over.

IMG_20191028_083518109_HDR.jpgIMG950589.jpg

Reactions: UCPA111