Depressed? Think pleasant thoughts.

seasick

Reaction score
Well, we went fishing over Saturday and Sunday. Left Port Canaveral at 1630 Saturday afternoon, in what we thought was a good two day forecast...NOT!
We had 6 family members on my boat My son, my brother, his two sons and his grandson. Sadly the forecast was BS, we got our brains beat out on the way out to the 120 mile bouy, on the East side of the Gulfstream. Drove all night to fish daybreak around the bouy, chummed trying to raise yellowfin or Mahi. No luck, only two knock downs, the whole day, dragged lots of ocean, we were pretty unlucky, found no weed lines and no birds.
However we were on the boat! It was fun to be together. Even a bad day on the water is better than going shopping, or sitting around worrying about the virus, stock market, or those idiot politicians from California. We drank a lot of beer, yuked it up over the crappy forecast, getting skunked, and us getting soaked a couple times!
All in all it was a long boat ride in nasty seas. We went a total of 271 miles and burned 243.6 gallons, $$$I love my Marlin!!
I don't want to be the bad guy but what about social distancing?

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Saw Doc's pic and thought it was a young Carlos Santana kicking back on the beach.

Funny thing is that I ran into a lady barber who said that she used to cut Carlos' hair (must have been a groupie;) ). She told me that I had the same hair as Carlos. :cool:

wrxhoon

Reaction score
For those of you that have been to Greece. Watching the sunset in Santorini.

Attachments

• Greece-Turkey 2018 243.JPG
    Greece-Turkey 2018 243.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Love
Reactions: leeccoll

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I guess this is a pleasant thought...Actually more amusing than pleasant; you can see I have little to do staying at home.

I just noticed Seasick & Fishtales are within one post of each other.

Seasick- 4326
Fish- 4327.

Who will win?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I find some of the best fishing spots near power plants, same there?

Warm water discharge draws mullet, the big cats are hanging in drops and channels out in the lake, cooler water. Smaller cats hang in the canal where the discharge is located.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'll never look like this again. My hair is mostly grey now.

View attachment 11781
With all the things we can’t do in Australia, we can still get a haircut. The government hasn’t explained why we can get a haircut despite breaking social distancing rules. Originally it was only 30 minutes appointments but people complained now it’s for as long as it takes. Maybe if people can’t get a haircut the government fears that anarchy may break out. I can feel a scientific paper coming on.

“Haircuts: Their Effect on Social Breakdown During the Covid-19 Pandemic”

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
If I had short hair, I would certainly break down....

Fishtales

Reaction score
Grab the clippers, pick your length hair attachment. Go outside, use your car window as a mirror. Cut away. Perfect buzz cut and the price is awesome with no tipping.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I gotta find me a set of clippers. I had one for trimming my Fu Manchu mustache, but that one gave up the ghost at least 30 years ago.

I brought my dog to the groomer to get her annual hair cut on April 2, which was the last day before they had to close down as a non-essential business. I almost asked them if they could give me a quick trim as well. They were good and were wearing masks and gloves.