Destin, Fl June 7th

Emerald-coast-Grady

Reaction score
The plan was to go out and do a little bottom fishing and see what we could drum up. We left out and filled the livewells with bait at the pass and headed offshore. We ran to some natural bottom about 12 miles out and started fishing. We caught a few aj's and then flipper showed up. Time to roll. We headed to another ledge to give it a try and seen bonitas busting bait schools everywhere. We casted to the school and caught all we wanted. I had the thought " I wonder what the fight would be like on this bass rod?" I threw it in and seen a missile hit the gotcha lure i was using and the fight was on. The first run i had to thumb the spool to keep it from spooling me. My dad said that didn't look like a bonita. Well he was right it was a king mackerel. I fought it about ten minutes and we finally stuck it with gaff and threw him on the deck. It was a 12lb king. Not a monster but boy it sure felt like one on that rod. All in all a good day. Makes it nice when i can get out with my dad and some good friends on the water...
100_1446.jpg

100_1447.jpg

100_1449.jpg

100_1450.jpg

100_1452.jpg