Diesel generator start button... Intermittently working

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 2005 Marlin with a Panda diesel generator. Today I went to fire it up and I had to press the start button a few separate time before it would activate the starter. I tried different points on the bottom but it didn't seem to make a difference. I shut it down and it did the same thing. Any thoughts on where to start?

Thanks
Nick

Randy

Reaction score
starter relay, on top off gennie under a clear plastic cover, can get repalcements from FP

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks guys, is this something that will get progressively worse until it just stops working, or just be an annoyance as it is? I only ask because I just got her back and don't really want to start another project just yet.
Thanks
Nick

georgemjr

Reaction score
As mentioned: starter relay. I had the same thing happen to mine. I verified that it was the problem by removing the cover and tapping the relay while someone else pressed the start button. I bought an extra to eep onboard since the are cheap (like 10 or15 dollars) and I don't want to be withoutthe gennie when I need it most. Easy to swap out, 1 screw on the cover, pull out the old one, pushe the new one in.

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
After reading my post I realized how lazy I sounded so went down there and got to work. Pulled k1 and put the k3 into the k1 slot and it cranked every time. Bad relay for sure as was stated by you guys. Thanks for the help. 15 dollar part and it sure was easy to do.
Thanks again
Nick

TIERNEY ROSE

Reaction score
HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 2009 CHESAPEAKE, FP GEN, THANX FOR THE POST