Dinghy Davits for 330xpress

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I ran this question last winter and got sidetracked. Does anyone have any ideas or direction dinghy davit alternatives?

Fishtales

Reaction score
I think this is tough with the GW euro transom design and outboard engines hanging off the back. IMHO the boat is tweener and not a fit for davit and I'd move up in size and to a yacht if it is a requirement.

Reactions: PointedRose

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Unfortunately, I agree with Fishtales. I have a 330 Express in SoCal and spend some time at Catalina Island (30 miles away) for weekenders. I throw an Achilles Inflatable on my deck and have a stern mount for a Yamaha 4hp. Achilles OK as a shoreboat and for the grandkids to explore. I have towed a small Whaler to the island, but not really excited to do that regularly - really slows me down.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I've towed, tried to strap it in front of the motors or inflate in the cockpit and toss it over the side. Nothing really is a good option.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have flip it over and put it on the hardtop
Mine is 11'

battles2a5

Reaction score
I have an inflatable w/ inflatable floor and keel. Electric outboard that packs in bags. It's a pain to inflate and deflate, but gets the job done for ship to shore.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I keep looking at inflatable kayaks or foldable boats, but have never pulled the trigger as it's not a very common use case for me...

Tpartridge

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I agree with Fishtales. I have a 330 Express in SoCal and spend some time at Catalina Island (30 miles away) for weekenders. I throw an Achilles Inflatable on my deck and have a stern mount for a Yamaha 4hp. Achilles OK as a shoreboat and for the grandkids to explore. I have towed a small Whaler to the island, but not really excited to do that regularly - really slows me down.
Curious about where you have the stern mount attached for your dinghy outboard? I've been thinking about options for this approach this Summer...would love to reclaim the storage of the stern lockers where I keep my dinghy engine currently.