Dinghy for 33 Express

gradynorm

Reaction score
Anybody find a good way to carry a dinghy on a 33 Express or and other Grady. I am tired of lugging it in the boat and throwing on the hard top. It definitely is the one positive of the I/o or inboard guys with swim platforms.

Anybody also try a porte-bote which is a foldable boat? I figure it could lay folded right in the transom or even flat on the bow.

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are two pics from the GreatGrady gallery that might give you some ideas.

11112619891.jpg

11112621671.jpg

bhemi

Reaction score
I think he was looking for a different solution

I have a Marlin and use an 8'6" dingy with a 4hp outboard with a built in tank. I made a set of straps for the hardtop but I have yet to find a good place to keep the outboard. it's a 4 stroke Merc and it's heavy!

gradynorm

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys and I have seen the pictures. I have an open array which I could possibly move but wanted to avoid some of that. Was hoping somebody had a good hoist mechanism they devised. I did see one on a 33GW a number of years back like a dinghy hoist on a sailboat but
I would be concerned about the structural integrity cantilevering that far out at those speeds and bouncing.

Not sure what year your marlin is but on the 33 I have been able to put my 5hp merc in the back fish box. I like most am trying to avoid drilling holes.

Anybody seen the porta-bote?