Direct replacement battery switches?

Legal Bill

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I have a 2007 Bimini 306. One of the two battery switches is shot and I want to replace them both. They are Guest switches which are no longer available. Does anyone know if there is a direct replacement for the old Guest battery switches made by another manufacturer? If not, what is the closest that requires the least modification to fit the box.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Post a pic of what you currently have so we can have something to go on.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I have a 2007 Bimini 306. One of the two battery switches is shot and I want to replace them both. They are Guest switches which are no longer available. Does anyone know if there is a direct replacement for the old Guest battery switches made by another manufacturer? If not, what is the closest that requires the least modification to fit the box.
It depends on what you actually have there. As noted, it's hard to help without seeing what you have - or at least post a picture of your existing switch that you find online.

Perko and Blue Seas are other manufacturers you can look at, though.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Guest is part of Marinco now. You might still find Guest branded switches.
Perko has the old "big" switches too.

There are different physical sizes and hole patterns. There are surface mount and thru mount.
There are different terminal LUG sizes(1/4, 5/16, 3/8). Be careful of that because you don't want to have to replace all the wire terminals.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I've got a "Guest" brand of battery switch on my boat, which is a 2004 GW 228 Seafarer. The link below is probably the newer version of the one that I've currently got. I spent a few minutes looking on Google and couldn't find an exact replica of the one that I have, which makes me think it's probably either the original or was replaced over 10-15 years ago.

Fixit

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I replaced my two guest battery switches with blue sea systems 5511e dual pole switches. fit with zero modifications. same flush mount holes, same fasteners etc.

Legal Bill

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Thanks guys. I ended up buying a whole brand new factory Grady-White box with all the switches and breakers from e-Bay. It has two minor blems in the starboard. I probably could have bought all the new switches and breakers for less, but I like the look of the new box.

SoFLGrady306

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I have a factory new box with switches from GW. If you are looking for a spare, I’ll sell it to you, shipped on your door, for $100.

LMK if you want a backup for parts…

I also have a 2007 306 Bimini

Legal Bill

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I have a factory new box with switches from GW. If you are looking for a spare, I’ll sell it to you, shipped on your door, for $100.

Thanks for the generous offer. Wish I met you yesterday. I think I'm all set, but I'll keep it in mind.

NJ-GW257

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257

Is it still available?

NJ-GW257

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257