Disassemble Yamaha Cowling?

Greyduk

Reaction score
Is it possible to separate the rear section from the main section of the Yamaha cowling pictured? I want to remove and repaint the peeling section. Thanks.Yamaha Cowl.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I dunno. What's it look like underneath? Can you see anything that looks like it would allow that piece to come apart? Not sure if it was glued in place, or not.

Looks easy enough to tape it off, though.

Greyduk

Reaction score
I am hoping that it will come a part. I don't have the boat yet. That will happen in the next week. At worst I figured I could tape it off as you mentioned. Thanks for your thoughts.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
It should be bolted on from underneath. Not sure on that model but have seen it on other old 2 stroke Yamahas.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Might look on eBay. I picked up a fresh hood for my F225 very reasonable before I had my boat. I'd seen pictures of mine and it was quite weathered so knew I would of had to repaint or replace, the used hood was a cheaper fix. If it doesn't come apart, tape it off and paint.
IMG_1657.JPG

seasick

Reaction score
The parts diagram shows it bolted on. The part is called the air duct. It should come apart after the bolts are removed from the inside of the cowling