Do I buy a newer Grady of re-do my old one?

christo15

Reaction score
Right now I'm not sure whether to get a newer boat (25-35k) or revamp my current model. I have the 1993 23 ft Grady White Gulfstream and love it! We have it up for sale right now at $18,300. It's great and the engine runs strong, but I want something a little newer. Now I'm also considering completely re-doing the boat as well (getting new engine, new cushions inside and out and selling my current motor). I don't know which is a better value play. Any thoughts?

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Unless you have the "itch" for a new(er) boat, if your boat checks O.K without transom and stringer issues and you love the boat, the smarter and cheaper move would be to re power and fix all the little things and enjoy your boat for another ten years or so.

christo15

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. The thing is, a few little think aren't perfect on our current boat. For instance, the plastic around some of the plastic drawers on our boat are cracking, our sink in the cabin doesn't work, the straps on our bunk bed broke, and a few other little things. Where do I go or who can I hire to get little things like that fixed? Thanks for all the help.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Lots of time i find that Grady is very helpful on little things like that. All you have to do is give them your HIN # and most likely they will tell you their supplier for small items like that, then you call those suppliers and bargain with them.

captain swag

Reaction score
Grady cust serv. Ask for Carolyn Wray. She is very helpful. Remember to ask for the name of the parts manufact. or distributer. You can sometimes purchase from the manufacturer and avoid the dealer and save a little.