Do not buy Lowrance

Bschless

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
My transducer mount broke, so I attempted to call Lowrance To find out which transducer works with my LCX. 113c hd unit. After 1 hr and 15 minutes (I went from 30 to 8 in queue) the call died. The email at customer service isnt an email address, so you can’t email them. if this is how they treat their customers I would highly recommend you not buy from them.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You could've saved yourself the 75 minutes of waiting on the phone and either posted the question here, or done a quick Google search to see which transducers are compatible with your unit. Per the Lowrance website, they list these two transducers as options... HST-WSBL or HST-DFSBL. The links to the Lowrance website with the specs are provided below as well as links to Amazon where you can buy either transducer. I get that some want to talk to someone and get the information that way, unfortunately companies providing great customer service anymore seems to be a thing of the past and have outsourced what little is left to overseas call centers. Either way, good luck and looks like either option is around $100, or less if you shopped around a bit.

seasick

Reaction score
I think your head unit is fairly old. What color is the connector at the hear unit end? It may be grey with a blue lock nut. If you have a skimmer style transduce I think you probably have an HST WSU model. There are two versions of that unit, a 50/2000 HZ and a 83/200 hz
If you go to the setup menu you should be able to see what model transducer you have. Your manual probably will also tell you what frequency options it has and that will determine what transducer you need'

Here is a link to the model I am talking about

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think the even better idea would be to just buy the mount itself, since it sounds like is all the OP needs, and which miraculously they still sell on Amazon for less than $20. That's the route I'd go if it fits your transducer

seasick

Reaction score
I think the even better idea would be to just buy the mount itself, since it sounds like is all the OP needs, and which miraculously they still sell on Amazon for less than $20. That's the route I'd go if it fits your transducer

Based on my experiences, I would bet that the mount he is referring to is the upper plastic mounting tab that is part of the transducer itself. The mount is metal and doesn't break often.
Newer versions of the transducer have a slightly different bolt arrangement and kick up mechanism. It is also easier to install without dropping those pesky plastic washers:) I am not sure if the mounting bracket itself is different than the original but why not use the new one.

Bschless

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
You could've saved yourself the 75 minutes of waiting on the phone and either posted the question here, or done a quick Google search to see which transducers are compatible with your unit. Per the Lowrance website, they list these two transducers as options... HST-WSBL or HST-DFSBL. The links to the Lowrance website with the specs are provided below as well as links to Amazon where you can buy either transducer. I get that some want to talk to someone and get the information that way, unfortunately companies providing great customer service anymore seems to be a thing of the past and have outsourced what little is left to overseas call centers. Either way, good luck and looks like either option is around $100, or less if you shopped around a bit.

Many thanks for your research. I did go to the Lowrance site, but using their “find the transponder” link my gps didn’t show up. Further research identified the hst-dfsbl. Found out bass shop near me had one in Stock for $60.
next time I’ll post the question On the site, thanks, again!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Many thanks for your research. I did go to the Lowrance site, but using their “find the transponder” link my gps didn’t show up. Further research identified the hst-dfsbl. Found out bass shop near me had one in Stock for $60.
next time I’ll post the question On the site, thanks, again!
I'm assuming that your GPS is probably outdated enough to where they didn't have it in their current system, so looking it up probably didn't produce any results. No worries though and glad you found what you needed, especially someplace local.

Bschless

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Arggghhh…pulled the old unit”s wire through (and of course my rope, attached so I could get the new one through, detached). An hour later, after finding a snake, running the snake, and pulling a chaser line through, we discovered there are two different transducers, one shallow, and one for deep. The one we bought, after 1 hour drive to bass shop, was the shallow one. The existing brace on the boat was for the deep one. Different braces. Who wudda knowd?
Local marine service had a tech at the marina. He ordered the correct transducer (part number is on the old unit’s wire…who in the name of God puts an electronic part’s model number on a sticky on the wire instead of on the mold of the unit??) ) which is to be delivered sometime tomorrow. As we said in Vietnam, FUPAR!

seasick

Reaction score
That is where Lowrance puts the tag, at the helm end. It won't last if placed on the transom end.
I am not clear on whether you are saying you have 2 transducers or a dual frequency model. I mentioned earlier that there are two models of dual frequency, 50/200 or 83/200. One frequency for deeper waters and the other for shallower waters.
What model transducer did the tag list?

Bschless

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
Deep water (dfsbl). My point is the model number, like the term “skimmer” and the patent number, which are imprinted on the unit, needs to be imprinted on the unit, not on a tag (or maybe both). if The unit needs replacing the sequence is to purchase the replacement, then dig into the boat to unhook the old one and use the existing wiring as a chase for the new wire. The last thing that will be seen in that sequence of events is the tag on the old wire. Since There are 2 transducers which can be used there is a 50/50 probability of ordering the wrong one, simply because the unit itself is not labeled with a model number.

Water over the dam. Boat will not be in for the 4th weekend. Thanks, Lowrance.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Your location isn't listed, but Amazon shows the transducer available and can be at your door by tomorrow morning. Unless you boat in really deep water, the 83/200 will work just fine.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
And, you will have to go into the sonar menu and choose which frequency you want to run.
I’m pretty sure that sonar menu would also tell you what model number transducer is connected to your unit, regardless of the condition of the mount, or the placement of the tag.
If your boat was in the water, you would probably be pissed at Lowrance for making you take a swim, or pulling your boat out, just to see what model number you needed to order.

Last edited: