Do they make a Cover for Anchor chain ??

Roadworker

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make some kind of cover to put over your anchor chain so it does not damage the bow pulpit all the time ?

Are any other ideas from someone who has corecte this problem?

thanks all

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm not sure what sort of damage you are talking about? It's not an issue for me; however i have seen flexible hose (clear type) covering chain in various locations. Of course if you have a windlass you would only be able to fix it near the anchor outside the capstan.

Roadworker

Reaction score
It is a 228 Seafarer, i have just the pulpit no Windless. When the anchor is laying on pulpit i have the clamp that holds anchor chain tight but sometimes the chain chips paint on the pulpit. I will try to poat a photo.

Bill_N

Reaction score
Get a piece of white plastic coated chain, that will solve the problem. Boaters World used to carry it. I'm sure others do as well.

Bill

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You can also install a piece of 1/2" starboard or polypropelene between the chain and the pulpit. If you don't want any holes on the pulpit, you can attach with silicone a piece of marine plywood or teak or treated plywood, run a few coats of deck wateproofing and it will last a season or two. When it goes bad, repeat.

greenhabah

Reaction score
I have used the rubber / plastic covered chain in the past but would NOT use it again. It cracks and then becomes a rusting mess. Unless you can find it with galvanized chain under the rubber / plastic cover.

They sell clear plastic stuff for cars to protect from rock dings and such. Maybe this would be enough of a layer of protection.

gearadrift

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
this is what you want http://fjordinc.com/

I have used it on various CG cutters for years and it is tough! It is made from a heavy nylon which has velcro on each side to secure it around your chain, very flexible, I'd go with the yacht grade. It even comes in different colors.

dadsgirl

Reaction score
At our John Deere dealer we make hydraulic hoses and Parker hose makes a kevlar protective covering that we slip over the hose and secure with plastic wire ties. This covering works great over anchor chain on our Seafarer 228G.

Bill_N

Reaction score
I just saw some white double plastic coated galvanized chain today at Defender in Waterford CT. Even if you wear thru the plastic in spots it won't rust. Best coated chain I've seen.

Bill