Do you own a 192 Tournament?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Just starting to look for a little runabout for my parents. Found a 2000 192 Tournament. I've only seen it in pictures, so far. But I had a quick question regarding the cockpit scupper hoses... what's the access like? I know that can be a loaded questions, but with only seeing it so far in pictures, I can't get a good read on existing access, although cutting a hole would of course be a possibility.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
My 192 was a 1998 and there are no scupper hoses. The scuppers are at deck level as I recall the water just drained out the back under the motor well. Then you had those brass tubes that drained the motor well. I replaced those around year 5 or 6 of the boats age.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
My 192 was a 1998 and there are no scupper hoses. The scuppers are at deck level as I recall the water just drained out the back under the motor well. Then you had those brass tubes that drained the motor well. I replaced those around year 5 or 6 of the boats age.
Well, that would be fantastic if they were a direct drain! I can't imagine that would have been something that was changed from '98 to '00. Brass tubes... not too worried about those - they're a piece of cake compared to some things! :)

Topjimmy

Reaction score
my 94 is direct drain never had to change the brass tubes since I owned it (1994) sometimes they let water in if I put too much weight on one side like when I am laying there changing the fuel filter(annoying):(

Last edited:

ncuke

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Deck and motor well drain direct - only hose I can see drains the built-in Cooler in the starboard side of you have that installed. Just replaced one of the brass fittings that drains the deck due to corrosion on the outer side

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If by chance, anyone has easy access to their trailer right now, would you mind measuring the bunk spacing? Specifically, the distance between the inside edges of the bunks. Normally, I set up a trailer while I'm there with the boat - but in this case, my father is taking a new trailer from here in PA to NC to pick up the boat from a broker and I'm not able to go with him. I'd like to get the trailer setup as best as possible for him ahead of time. I received some info from Grady, but the only thing they had was old information and it didn't have the bunk spacing.

ncuke

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
My boat's at the shop right now, but here's a photo if it helps. Based on 8' beam i'd say that it's about 38-40" from inside to inside of the bunks and maybe 42-44" on center... Hope this helps.

1611600860168.png

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thank you - you even did that fancy measuring tape thing - cool! The trip is about a week away - if you happen to get the boat back before that, and you have time, could you double check the measurement? Are you happy with the way it loads?

ncuke

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I won't have her before then unfortunately and am not nearby - sorry. She loads great every time... One thing I'll note is that my bunks are parallel both laterally and vertically. The top edge is graded to follow (generally) the ~20 degree angle of the hull towards center (which increases as you move forward). It's an older trailer though - if you have a new one it might take different bunks that are actually mounted on an angle. Where in NC are you picking it up?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
OK - no worries - I appreciate the help!

It's a newer trailer, but still vertical bunks just like yours. I haven't seen the trailer yet in the daytime - so checking them out for the "angle" is something I was planning on doing and cutting if necessary. The boat is in Wrightsville Beach at a broker called Middle Sound Boats. I've been very impressed with them, so far.

'Bout the only negative thing on the boat is that it's missing the center windshield and it's cosmetically "just OK". Don't really care about the cosmetic stuff. I've got a couple calls to places about the windshield, but it's not that big of a deal if we don't have it. There's numerous workarounds.

ncuke

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Give the guys at Atlantic Marine a call in Wilmington - they are the main Grady dealer in that area and are super helpful.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Actually, that's where this boat has been serviced - so that's a definite plus. I've heard good thigns about them, as well. I asked my dad and brother to stop by there and buy and few supplies and then ask to possibly get (redacted) service records. Who knows... maybe they'll have an old center windshield laying around!