DOCK BOXES

232 GULF

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question but not about my Grady. I'm looking to invest in a dock box for my slip. Anybody have any recommendations? Good brands? Worth the investment? Thanks in advance 8)

Motivator

Reaction score
Dockboxes

I was lucky, my slip just happened to have a monster of a dock box left by the previous renters.
Definitely worth the investment. After having one I can't see going without one. Buckets, nets, grill, boogie boards, toys, brushes, hoses they are all in it.
The bigger the better.

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Unless you can pick it up locally, I don't recommend buying a used one and having it shipped.

They are big and have to go by truck, so the original box with all the corner pads would be needed.

I wouldn't expect them to ship well otherwise.

JMHO.

sluggoe

Reaction score
i think they are a rip-off if bought new.....they start around $450 for the smallest one and go up in price from there;

lots more stuff to spend money on than a dock box....but hey, they are useful and would get a used one if i could for half the price;

currently looking for a used one.....

better-way products, West Marine, are a few brands

-slugg.

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Rubbermaid makes various size deck boxes that snap together. I bought the XL model, 5E39, at Home Depot for about the same price Amazon wanted for it ($139.99). The XL model is 16 cu ft and I keep all my boat cushions and stuff in it. The boxes are lockable but are a lot lighter duty than a regular dock box.

Gary 89 Overnighter

kendcc

Reaction score
I totally agree with the rubbermaid. I think I paid about $120 for the biggest they had at the time and it's plenty big enough for anything I'd need to store in it. I can't imagine the benefit/value of paying more than $500 for a fiberglass "dock box" of similar size.