Does anyone here have a 2012-5 vintage 335 Freedom? (With twin 350s) that can confirm performance numbers?

agoltz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My father in law has a 2012 Freedom with twin Yamaha 350's. What im trying to understand is performance. The most I see on the boat is 5300 RPM and 38 knots, 0.8MPG .....

I was under the impression these engines have a higher redline and understand its probably down to rigging and propeller (this one has SDS 17XL 16 1/4)

Thanks to anyone that can compare....

Alex

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
I have a 2013 336. Should be about the same weight as yours with the same hull and same power. I ran a full tank and averaged a little over 1.1 Mpg. I had a more detailed post on it about two weeks ago that you can probably search for. Anyway, I’m running the same props as you and my top RPM is closer to 6K and I got it up to 49 mph with a light load of fuel. I can get it to 47 or 48 heavier. I dont think you are getting the proper performance. Should have a Yamaha tech check it out.

agoltz

Reaction score
I have to take the boat in for service in February - will definitely ask as you are confirming what Im feeling. Thank you