does anyone know what this is

annimal

Reaction score
I just bought a new to me 2000 grady 208 adventure. On left and right of transom there are two of these mounted in the place where the rod holder would go and one is mounted on a free standing square 3foot pole. Not even grady knows what they are. You all are my last shot to figure this out.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Not sure. Definitely not OEM. What does the previous owner say? He would probably be the best person to ask. If you bought it through a broker, ask them to ask the owner.

annimal

Reaction score
Owner passed away. Family sold it and they dont have a clue. just came from Elizabeth marine they dont know either. Im just gonna take them out and put pole holders in. Guess the guy took the mystery with him. Only guess someone gave me was it could be for kite fishing. Anyway thanks

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
:hmm
Ash tray?
Incense burner?
Mount for fake owls to keep pigeons off?
Kinda looks like alcohol stove burner, maybe some kind of tiki light?
:lol:
Who knows!

toolguy73

Reaction score
It looks like there's a top and bottom half that's screwed together. Did you take one apart and look inside?

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Is it a Great Lakes boat? I looked at a Sailfish in Buffalo once that had a pole of some kind mounted at the bow for trolling planner boards. Did the previous owner fish at all?

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Reminds me of a Yoyo pulley mounted on a bracket. Does it have a spool capability where line can feed around it in the middle where it has the groove? Otherwise, clueless.

annimal

Reaction score
Thanks for all your helpful and creative answers. Someone said they are vents. And ya even got a spare. So.....im just gonna leave them at that. And look for them on every boat I come across for ever. Before I launch her. Im gonna try like hell to get the aluminum to shine again. Cause I know once its in the water . Im just going to go fishing. Aluminum is oxidized and slightly pitted in a few spots. I got never dull. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I like shiny things.

Firenailer

Reaction score
The manual says to use a product like "Alumaguard". No abrasives and no chlorine bleach products. It even goes as far as to say you should wash it with gentle cleaners like ivory liquid soap. I didn't know that.

annimal

Reaction score
never dull wasnt working...so i used the woody kit and I"m so happy with the results. but cant get those rocket launchers to shine. oh well, gonna put it in the water and fish, crab and enjoy.