Does it get warm in the 370 Express helm station?

stripedo

Reaction score
I'm thinking about upgrading from my 330 Express. Curious about the helm station on the 370 with the 3 sided fiberglass enclosure. Do the side windows open? Does it get warm in there?

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not familiar with the windows on the 370. Logic says there has to be a way to open them.

Even with the side windows open, it will be hot in there during an extended idle on a summer day.

Depending on the ambient water temp that your boating in, it'll be anywhere from Comfortable to Cold to "Kinda Warm." EX: A ten mile run across Lake Superior in August will be way different than the same 10 miles off Key West.

To summarize, geography is everything and it'll be warm to hot when not on plane in Southern zones or during summer.

Doesn't helm A/C come standard? Maybe not; I'm not hip on that boat.

stripedo

Reaction score
I think it does have helm AC as standard, but I can't imagine running a generator and AC all day? My helm station on my 330 Express gets warm at times but if you roll up the curtains and get a cross ventilation, it's lovely.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Again, I've never been in a 370, but I can't believe that if your comfortable in a 330 with isenglass up, you wouldn't be in a 370, given wherever you boat.

I wouldn't run helm A/C during the day either, but I imagine some do, especially in S Fla. Well, I take that back, I would some of the time just to exercise the generator, which is a good idea.

Overall, I'm in your camp..I enjoy the breeze.