Doormat?

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
I can't believe it has taken me 6 months to think of this. Wouldn't it make sense to put a doormat on the deck where you get in? When I launch, the harbor asphalt is nasty, I track black foot prints into the boat. Ditto at home, I walk over dirt so I track dirt in.

Seems like a carpet scrap would do the trick. Anyone done this or have a better idea?

Trout Poison

Reaction score
. I use an outside doormat that looks like fake grass. Swish it off in the lake and it’s clean. Makes a world of difference in how much sand and gravel gets tracked into the boat.

Pighunter

Reaction score
I can't believe it has taken me 6 months to think of this. Wouldn't it make sense to put a doormat on the deck where you get in? When I launch, the harbor asphalt is nasty, I track black foot prints into the boat. Ditto at home, I walk over dirt so I track dirt in.

Seems like a carpet scrap would do the trick. Anyone done this or have a better idea?
I laid a towel on my deck. I hate stepping in there in mornings when deck is wet, it leaves dirty foot prints that end up drying there.

Reactions: leeccoll

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I laid a towel on my deck. I hate stepping in there in mornings when deck is wet, it leaves dirty foot prints that end up drying there.
Ditto, bought a bunch of white towels on an Amazon special deal.
Use one in my truck drivers floor too. Amazing what cheap black asphalt can do.
Wash em on hot and they come back good as new...

Reactions: Pighunter

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
What Lee & Pig said..

Towels everywhere; wash 'em and go again.....

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Towels here too. When wife purges the towel closet, I get the old ones for the garage and boat.

Reactions: magicalbill