On the trailer:
S3500072-copy.JPG

In the water:
S3500093-copy.JPG

Electronics:
S3500337-copy.JPG

GWcpa

Reaction score
Looks like you have ladder back helm seats? How's the clearance between them? Come with the boat? If not, how much?

Got mine out yesterday. Today we had snow.

Great looking boat! :wink:

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GWcpa said:
Looks like you have ladder back helm seats? How's the clearance between them? Come with the boat? If not, how much?

Got mine out yesterday. Today we had snow.

Great looking boat! :wink:

Funny story about those "Deluxe Chairs"....the previous owner bought them and added them...they are not available as an option on the 208 because with the arms, its a VERY tight squeeze between them. I actually test ran the boat with a brand new set of the standard chairs and prefer them better... but by the time we got done dickering I had given back the chairs and negotiated in the GPS/FF combo instead as well as some repair work on the canvas. I took the armrests off and the seats work great now.

Good eye to catch that....

Which prop are you running now? SS 17" or SWS 19"?

GWcpa

Reaction score
Interesting story on the chairs. I didn't think you'd have much room in between.

We had a warm spell yesterday so I took off and got some water time. Snow today and 29 was weird.

Finally ended up with a SWS 17". Was exactly what I needed. Can turn 5500 trimmed way up with it and get great mid-range efficiency. One downside to the larger prop is higher trolling speed.

If I run at 3900-4200 I get better than 3mpg.

The bow lift is noticable with the SWS however, and that can be a negative in the rough stuff. I'll probably switch to the standard 17" (I've got 2 now) if I knew I was going to be running a lot of minimum speed rough water. (Like 16 knots with tabs down.)

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bokat-

Took that one last April at Charleston Park while waiting in line...generally go out of there since they have 3 lanes and plenty of parking. They resurfaced the lot over the winter and striped it in the opposite direction. Should be interesting to see how the traffic flows now.

Where do you keep your Grady? (When its in ATL)

Bokat

Reaction score
Parthery,

I keep my boat at Vann's Tavern boat storage. It's located just up the road from Vann's Tavern boat ramp and that'st where I launch. The ramp is right at the mouth of Two mile creek, if you're not familiar with it.

I planned to go out Sun. after doing some work on the boat, but the work took too long and I never made it out on the water. How about you, did you go out? It sure was a nice day for it.

Bo

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gwmar300 - Its a '99. Other than the bronze thru hulls as opposed to SS and the old style electronics box and dash panel, you can't tell the difference between it and a brand new one.

Bokat - Never made it out Sunday. By the time I got done scrubbing it was about 3:00 and the Admiral had dinner plans for us. If the weather improves I'll try again this weekend.