Drain in back of Boat

Bob Meola

Reaction score
Boat just put in water for season. It looks like maybe something should be surrounding that drain ? Am I wrong?

Attachments

• hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 57

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I would look on the inside of the boat. A drain has a hose, clamps, and two ends. Otherwise, it is a hole in the boat....
edit to add: ......unless it is a motor well drain.

Last edited:

tilewave

Reaction score
if thats a drain in the transom well then the answer in NO, there is no plate or escutcheon surrounding that. it is just a fitted and flanged brass tubing

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Boat just put in water for season. It looks like maybe something should be surrounding that drain ? Am I wrong?
Would help if you had a couple better pictures. There’s thruhulls and then scupper drains which are a little different. Look to be above the waterline?

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

Bob Meola

Reaction score
Would help if you had a couple better pictures. There’s thruhulls and then scupper drains which are a little different. Look to be above the waterline?
It's above the waterline. It definitely is a drain. If my memory serves me right I think there was some type of fitting that went over fiberglass

Reactions: PointedRose

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
But WHERE on the back of the boat? Is it the floor drain? Is it a motor well drain? Knowing the model of boat could help, but a better description or picture (as noted) would help. We're not there to see what you see. If it's a floor drain, then yes, often there is some type of scupper installed. But it's not "needed" - especially if it's highest enough above the waterline. However, having it can help. Are there screw holes?

Fishtales

Reaction score
wide angle pic showing the area will help. could be a drain tube, plastic thru hull or bulkhead hole below deck.