Drop-in cup holders

mannoe

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I'm looking for a source for drop-in cup holders to fit the installed cup holder holes at the stern of my Overnighter. They must be not more than 2 1/2" inches OD to fit in the existing openings. I've looked around on Amazon and other places but it seems nobody makes a cup holder that small. Any suggestions?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
West Marine had the small "can size" nylon cupholders. I think they use a 2 7/8 cutout. I don't think you'll find them smaller than that.

mannoe

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Thanks.
I did find some from a source that sells poker table accessories...they are 2 5/8" OD...getting closer.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Make it easy on yourself... just make the hole bigger! A zip bit will make quick work of that - or even a jig and hole saw if there's room to set the jig.

Do you have any marine stores nearby? Give them a call.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I just replaced the tubing on mine... they were original.. and had original clogs... lol

Agreed, just make the holes a tad larger and the world is your oyster.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
When parting with my Bayliner after a tree fell across it in Sandy I removed anything I thought were reusable. I ended up using the cup holders in my Grady. They were a perfect fit. That kinda leaves me to believe they are a one size fits all thing.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I took measurements on mine. I am going to print new ones. I will let you know how it goes and if it works, I will make more, for the cost of materials and shipping only. I do not want to get into the business of selling stuff, but if it works, and someone needs them, I do not mind doing it once in a while.

Russ

Attachments

• cup holders1.jpg
    cup holders1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 23
  • cup holders2.jpg
    cup holders2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 22

mannoe

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I had just about given up shopping for a cup holder and decided to look around the garage for something I could modify or fabricate to fit the existing cup holes in the boat. I came across a 2" PVC pipe cap which when inverted turns out to be an almost a perfect fit....it did require just a little persuasion to fit the hole but it works and looks very good.....$1.99 at ACE Hardware.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
There are tons of options out there. I did a single google search and came up with a lot of options.... the best, imo, was stainless steel, came in a set of 4 for like 25 bucks, on ebay, and was like.. worst case...1.4mm larger diameter.. a simple drimel tool would have solved that.

That being said, if I get a chance to get my 3d printer to make one a little thicker.. well, it is worth a try lol. Worst case, I order the set of 4.. heh

So far.... will let you know how it comes out.. heh

No, it will not be in yellow :p

R

Attachments

• cup1.jpg
    cup1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2
  • cup2.jpg
    cup2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2
  • cup3.jpg
    cup3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Did you ever try TH Marine - or even a Grady dealer?

Just out of curiosity, given how simply it would be to do (even a razor blade would work) why not slightly enlarge the hole?

Russ, you must REALLY be bored... 3D printing a $4 cupholder that's readily available! :) That said, I've often thought it would be pretty cool to have a 3D printer!

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Lol... well, I have the printer is all.. I would rather buy them, but since I have the printer and a friend that is really into 3d printing is coming over for dinner.. figured to try printing one. Not using the printer for anything anyway.

He needed a new main board for his printer, so this was a bribe method lol

If he had not needed the board, I would have ordered new SS ones.. but.. eh.. something to do ;)

R