Dual Binnacle - Yamaha 704 work on suzuki?

Pete1313

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone out there knows if the yamaha 704 dual binnacle control will work with a suzuki outboard?

Application is: OX66 250 main and a 2010 suzuki 9.9 high thrust kicker, w/ power tilt/trim.

Adding a kicker and do not have enough room to put two separate controls and I don't want to muck up the clean lines of the helm with a side mount stock suzuki control.

Thanks!

3rd Day

Reaction score
What I have found is that the difference is in the cable ends. I would think that you could get the correct cable end to connect to the 704 control. Check with West Marine. Good Luck & Good Fishing.

Pete1313

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip - I'll look into it. I think I may just try to stick w/ the original side control somehow because a new dual binnacle control is going to run around $650.....so we'll see if I can make the other control work.

As for the Yammie motor - I'm excited about it. I've never owned an OX66....but I've got a buddy who had one on his grady and LOVED it. Yeah, they are a bit of gas and oil hogs, but I hear they are just awesome motors. I figure on the 248 w/ an average load, I'll get about 12-15 GPH at cruise--depending on conditions....

3rd Day

Reaction score
I had the 250 on a 22' Pursuit Cuddy and cruising it would burn 10 gph at 28 mph. That's not quite 3mpg and not too bad. But in the corner, 25 gph at 53-55 mph. Trolling, 2.5-3 gph. Yep, loved that motor and I'm sure you will too.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
need to know if it pull to open or push to open

as does the throttle need to be pushed back to go WOT or pulled top go WOT

a 703 can work both ways but only 1 motor control

bc282

Reaction score
if the yami 704 will work, i have one that is like new that i did not install.
i was in a very similar situation as you are now with a main engine and a kicker and wanted to control the shift and throttle at the helm, but sold the boat before the project.

$200+ shipping, unfortunately the 704 is 1000 miles from me currently so someone would have to wait until early June for me to ship it. It is the old style control and not the current new model.

Pete1313

Reaction score
bc282 - thanks....I need it this month (well, March)....the kicker is getting rigged the week of the 15th......

Still haven't figured out if this will work or not....

bc282

Reaction score
Pete1313 said:
bc282 - thanks....I need it this month (well, March)....the kicker is getting rigged the week of the 15th......

Still haven't figured out if this will work or not....

hmmm, i'd like to see pics of the install if you go ahead with the project.
i might be able to convince my dad to go dig out the 704 control from the garage if you figure it will work for your install. let me know and i can ask my dad to package and ship it.

Pete1313

Reaction score
Thanks BC - I am having a hard time getting a definitve answer....I'm going to call suzuki customer service tommorow and hopefully they'll let me know......

If it works...I may just take you up on your offer.

Are you in BC? Whereabouts? I'm in Bellingham, WA.

Pete

bc282

Reaction score
Pete1313 said:
Thanks BC - I am having a hard time getting a definitve answer....I'm going to call suzuki customer service tommorow and hopefully they'll let me know......

If it works...I may just take you up on your offer.

Are you in BC? Whereabouts? I'm in Bellingham, WA.

Pete

my boat is kept at my father's place in Nanaimo (van isle) and i'm living/working in Alberta. I manage to get about 20-28 days on the water for the short season which is not too bad. Hopefully sell the business and move back to the coast and enjoy my boat more than i do now.

have you tried to look at a schematic of a suzi control to compare it to a yami? you may also try and call a suzi dealer/tech who should know as they adjust and install these things.

Got Grady?

Reaction score
By the sea by the sea by the beaut.......
Anything is possible I think, just depends how bad you want it to work. I know the Grady I just bought has a dual control that looks like original OMC(pretty crappy) but the motor is a 2000 Yamaha and the kicker was a 9.9 Yamaha. How they have it hooked up i am not sure yet. I would like to switch over to the Yamaha controls myself so if you dont buy the 704 controls from BC282 I would be interested in them myself.