E-Tec no oil

reveregrady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi everyone,

I got a 2011 Evinrude E-Tex 200. I decided to replace my in line oil filter between resivour and oil pump/ solenoid. The arrow is facing toward the tank, same as taken off. I then experienced a no oil code 38. I then tried bleeding the system to no change. Using the e Tec software on lap top and trying multiple winterization procedures. I clear the code, it comes right back. I replaced the oil pressure sensor and re bled system. Tested continuity on oil pump and pressure sensor circuits all good to emm. Tested continuity on dash alarm to emm circuit as well, good. Its and engine oil “no oil” not resivour problem. Engine goes into “safe” mode. 350 hours on engine. Command oil pump on I can hear it operating. Any ideas? Thank you.

Reactions: steveditt

steveditt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got a 2011 Evinrude E-Tex 200. I decided to replace my in line oil filter between resivour and oil pump/ solenoid. The arrow is facing toward the tank, same as taken off. I then experienced a no oil code 38. I then tried bleeding the system to no change. Using the e Tec software on lap top and trying multiple winterization procedures. I clear the code, it comes right back. I replaced the oil pressure sensor and re bled system. Tested continuity on oil pump and pressure sensor circuits all good to emm. Tested continuity on dash alarm to emm circuit as well, good. Its and engine oil “no oil” not resivour problem. Engine goes into “safe” mode. 350 hours on engine. Command oil pump on I can hear it operating. Any ideas? Thank you.
Barnacle Bills site , might help

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
This is the only maintenance that you did?

Just logically thinking about this... it doesn't make sense that the arrow would be facing towards the tank. Arrows on things like this always dictate the flow of fluid. Maybe you misread the arrow? Switch it around... do things now work as they should?

reveregrady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks for the reply Dennis. I said the same thing. There are threads on that arrow being pointed toward the tank. I’ve also replaced the water pump, and gear oil. This morning I’ve started the outboard after sitting over night, no alarm, running we speak. Hopefully there was just air in the system.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thanks for the reply Dennis. I said the same thing. There are threads on that arrow being pointed toward the tank.
Huh? I don't understand what you're saying there. I don't think there was anything that we said that's "the same". I said that it DOESN'T make sense that an arrow would be facing against the flow. I'm not sure what "threads on that arrow" means?

reveregrady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’ve read threads that have stated to face the arrow against flow towards supply. Evinrude put out a service bulletin to do this. It supposedly helps with purging air.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I’ve read threads that have stated to face the arrow against flow towards supply. Evinrude put out a service bulletin to do this. It supposedly helps with purging air.
Oh, OK - now it makes sense :) In reading "threads", I thought you were talking about "screw" threads (like a bolt)!