E15 GAS

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I read the news on great grady that certain michigan gas stations on land are using e15 and that boaters should only fill up at marinas. I did not realize that the epa was allowing this e15 to be used. I hope that the ny long island land stations will at least post if their tanks are using this mixture. I fill up my jet ski which is a 2000 model and on occasion drop a few 6 gallon cans into my grady (e15 and boats no good)!. Has anyone heard more on this?

gradytom

Reaction score
The way I understand it, E-15 has been approved (I think nationally), but there are lawsuits pending, putting the fuel on hold, and not many stations have the infrastucture to support an additional blend.
I have not seen E-15 "labelled" at Michigan pumps . . . yet
BTW - I buy marina gas to avoid E-10

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My understanding is when E15 is at any station, E10 must be there also.

As stated, has to do with mandatory industry forced study to determne ill effects on older systems. Sounds liek log study, good with me.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Don't know anything about its availability...but on two new pieces of power equipment I bought the instructions say not to use E 15 and the gas cap on the Honda powered cub cadet tiller says not approved for 15 or greater fuels.