Easy way to clean this Corrosion?

Offshore Yamaha

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hi guys, new to this forum, and new to fiberglass boat/ also new to Grady White boats, lol. I just picked up a 24' Offshore Pro, and would like to clean this corrosion off/ shine the metal up nice. This boat will be a fresh water boat from now on, and not see salt water. Any tips/ advise? Thanks!!

grady.jpggrady1.jpg

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not going to be perfect (or shiny where corrosion/pitting is prevalent) again. Best bet is bronze wool and woody wax. Never gonna be right again, but should be able to improve on it a little with elbow grease.

seasick

Reaction score
It will look better after Woddy Wax but as stated, it will still be pitted. Note that Woody Wax should be left on for up to a day or more for heavily corroded metal.Try it left on for an hour or so to start.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did the same as what Doc has recommended on mine. Not perfect but I can live with it. Previous life all saltwater, new life is freshwater with an occasional salt. Flitz and fine bronze wool does wonders.

Reactions: Offshore Yamaha

Offshore Yamaha

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Good to know. I am getting the bronze wool, along with the flitz, we will see how it comes out