Eisenglass

'84Offshore

Reaction score
I left my eisenglass on this winter and wonder if I made a mistake.
I was on the boat yesterday to start getting it ready and noticed that the eisenglass was dirty......tried cleaning it but it seems ruined.....kinda foggy. Did the snow/cold weather ruin it?

dan313

Reaction score
Try using Plexus it does a good job of cleaning the plastic. My friends eisenglass was cloudy and with a little elbow grease it cleaned it up.

Good Luck

grady23

Reaction score
What did you use to clean it with --- I hope it wan't anything like windex with ammonia. Plexus is the ONLY thing to use that won't fog or discolor plexiglass or clear vinyl.
BTW --- eisenglass is hard pleiglass. The stuff us small boaters use is clear vinyl.

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Serious Shine; Spray HEAVILY, wipe around but do not wipe off; let it sit for maybe 10 min. Then spray lightly again and wipe clean. If its still not clear after this then it is damaged.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I always leave mine on(safest way to store them), but my boat sits in a building during off season. Spring time i use soap and warm water with a microfiber towel and they always look great.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Let the curtains warm up in the sun. I'll be the cloudiness will disappear. I also use Plexus and its a great product.