Eisenglass

Fishtales

Reaction score
Clean with meguires 2step clean and polish if needed or if you have scratches and marks. Then finish with plexus.

BCLII

Reaction score
I've used denatured alcohol.

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
Armada 210 Plastic Cleaner / Polish
14 oz Aerosol Spray
For Protecting and Maintaining Eisenglass, Plexiglass and Vinyl
Many places carry. Defenders has it.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
303 seems to work well also. Doesn't remove scratches as its non-abrasive.

grady23

Reaction score
The people that make and sell clear plastic for boats love it when you use Pledge on the stuff. Over time, Pledge will turn your clear yellow. Keep the pledge for your furniture and use the PLEXUS. Spray it on and distribute and wipe the entire area well. Just before it dries completeley, use a different clean cloth to finsh the job. I promise you won't be disapointed. I have a 1997 Grady with the original clear and Plexus is the only stuff I have ever used except de-natured alcohol or soap and water. NEVER used a brush of ANY KIND or your clear and only use VERY SOFT CLOTH to clean or polish the stuff. If you do one coat of plexus and let it dry for a few hours and then do a second coat, the stuff stands up well to Boat soap, salt and even bugs when you trailer. Always rinse as much salt or other debri from the clear BEFORE you wash.
This has been my procedure -- I'm sure someone has other or better ideas. This has worked great for me for the past 11 years I have owned this boat. BTW -- The boat stays coverd in the off season to minmize the U/V exposure.

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
I don't know....My Eisenglass is 6 years old. Used Pledge since day one.....No yellowing. I can say the same for plenty of other boats. I think Pledge is fine with Eisenglass....It's the older plastics you need to be careful of. Plexus works great but I found it only lasts a short time while Pledge actually withstands a wash or two.

grady23

Reaction score
Are we talking clear vinyl or hard plexiglass? Some people interchange the terms. Yes I have know people that use Pledge, but I have been told by guys that make the soft clear vinyl encloseures not to use furniture polish --- Just my $.02 FWIW.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have heard others say pledge is ok as long as it is not the lemon variety. Use the non scented original and it would not cause yellowing. Dunno, just heard that.

Mine is time for new replacement which I will likely later this year take to vendor that makes them for Grady to make a new set for me, then use the recommended products made for the type they use. Will be interested to hear what they tell me to use.

JB

Reaction score
Down in the BVI 5 years ago I saw a guy use pledge..... I was using 210 and trying different things.... came back used Pledge and it worked amazingly well.... made the Esinglass soft & supple and very clear... been using it ever since

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Novus plastic polish 1,2, & 3 for getting the scratches and haze out...mine were in the worst shape I have ever seen...can be purchased at the container store or online....finshed them with plexus....they look brand new now