Electric oil transfer pump 95 yami200/95 223 Tournament

capt1947

Reaction score
Good morning,
I have been working on the failure to pump oil from my remote tank to the main tank on my 95 yami 200. "Seasick" was quite helpful in his diagnostic advice. Here is my question. I have removed the 12 vdc transfer pump and integral motor from the remote oil tank. I have broken the motor down on the bench. Going back to my high school electrical class, I believe the magnets (2) need to be adhered to the metal housing so the comutator spins without the magnets moving. This motor is 21 years old but looks good ( brushes,springs etc). The one thing that doesn't look right is that it looks like whatever adhered that magnets has lost its stick over time. First, am I correct in my thought process? Second, if I am correct , can I apply a thin coat of epoxy to the back side of the magnets and reinstall?
Also, oil related, the in line filter(plastic). Does this come apart or is it a throw away. Does the filter also have a check valve built in it? I can blow air through it from either end.
I appreciate any information and advice.
Thanks,
Capt1947

seasick

Reaction score
capt1947 said:
Good morning,
I have been working on the failure to pump oil from my remote tank to the main tank on my 95 yami 200. "Seasick" was quite helpful in his diagnostic advice. Here is my question. I have removed the 12 vdc transfer pump and integral motor from the remote oil tank. I have broken the motor down on the bench. Going back to my high school electrical class, I believe the magnets (2) need to be adhered to the metal housing so the comutator spins without the magnets moving. This motor is 21 years old but looks good ( brushes,springs etc). The one thing that doesn't look right is that it looks like whatever adhered that magnets has lost its stick over time. First, am I correct in my thought process? Second, if I am correct , can I apply a thin coat of epoxy to the back side of the magnets and reinstall?
Also, oil related, the in line filter(plastic). Does this come apart or is it a throw away. Does the filter also have a check valve built in it? I can blow air through it from either end.
I appreciate any information and advice.
Thanks,
Capt1947
In reverse order: There is no check valve in my system.
The older filters came apart but I don't know if newer ones do. Regardless it is easy to soak it in something like wd40 and then blow it out (backwards).
After 21 years, I would buy a new pump. I see that you like to play but this may not be a good playground.