Electric toggle switch covers

georgemjr

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the black plastic covers for the switch panel? Mine have faded to the point that I can not read what they operate. The boat has an extra one that I have looked at so I am sure they can be replaced. Where have you purchased them and is there a special tool to remove the old ones or install the new ones. Oh, they are the standard switches on all of the newer boats (mine is an '01 Sailfish) Thanks...

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
universal stickers & mini plackards are available at West & BW but I don't know if they match size, font, color, etc.. Good luck & post where you find them...I'm sure you're not alone!

Ken Johnson

Reaction score
I replaced the windshield wiper switch and the cover to it. Bought it from my local sales dealer. about $28.00 Just press it on. Take the old one off by pulling back and forth....a little help from a flat screw driver helps.

Ken

Enough Already

Reaction score
I just replaced all my switch covers. Check your GW dealer - they are about $3 each. I had to work with several different dealers to get all of the specific covers. While I was at it, I replaced several of the actual switches because the backlight was burnt out - not repairable - and switches were about $14 each. If you replace the switch, make sure you get the small foam gasket to ensure they are watertight. Switch covers pop off with a gentle pry of a flat-blade screwdriver around mid-point on either side of the cover.

alashley

Reaction score
I have the same problem on all my switches. The just fade out from use and exposure. My son got me a Dymo 100 labelmaker as a Christmas present. It prints labels in compressed sizes and double lines that will fit the switch faces. All you have to do is clean the switch face with alcohol so the adhesive will stick and then cover the label with a little clear glue as a protectant. Much cheaper than replacing with covers from the GW dealer, which will fade out again. Besides, you can label all the wiring in the boat, too.